SGC - Change of address (BASC vs Police view)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as cartridges are concerned , in the  very unlikely event that you can’t buy them on the day at a shooting ground without a certificate, It’s just a case of someone buying them for you . With a SGC , once the cartridges are purchased you can quite legally give them to non certificate holders , daft as it sounds your granny can store a couple of thousand rounds of Dark Storm under her settee legally ! 

Ps I agree with Jan ,  ps there is also no requirement to be an RFD to sell cartridges , and no record of your purchase is made irrespective of what you show . 

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't be worried about getting stopped by the police when you have your gun in the car they will know before they stop you that you are an SGC holder.
Not quite right, they need your personal details to check the system. It’s a common myth that you must carry your certificate when travelling with your guns. Ideally you have it to hand but you won’t be slung in prison if you haven't. The information is easily gathered with a quick check.

Not quite right, they need your personal details to check the system. It’s a common myth that you must carry your certificate when travelling with your guns. Ideally you have it to hand but you won’t be slung in prison if you haven't. The information is easily gathered with a quick check.
I have never ever carried  certificate other than buying a gun or cartridges. I have always thought carrying it in gun case a really bad idea. If gun gets nicked not only do they have a certificate to forge but your address to come back for more....its a daft idea in my opinion

Back