Second hand chokes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam McNally

Hi all brought a medalist as a starter gun unfortunately it's missing the 1/4 choke got stiched up with two 1/2 in the set tried the local shops rugby / banbury and nothing other than new ones available anyone got any ideas of we're to pick one up from second hand thanks

To be honest Sam I a bit surprised you could even buy a new one. Getting a used choke might prove a bit of a task. Anyway, 1/2 and 1/2 is not a bad combination.  

As per the others - stick the 1/2 & 1/2 in, forget about them, and stick a few thousand cartridges through them.  

Most of all get out there and enjoy your shooting.

:hi:   :hi:

Not a huge amount really Sam. Just shoot the gun and don't worry about the chokes :good:

Sam, there are a lot of folks on here, me included that wished they had been handed 2 x 1/2 chokes first time- personally it would have saved me a fortune ;-)

Because its the best choke combo available and after pissing around for the last 12 months, I concluded what everyone told me all along, stick them in and forget them, 1/2 choke will kill any sporting target and 2 of the same takes away the need to think about choke. If I were to buy another gun it would have 1/2 and 1/2 fixed chokes

Some might say you were lucky to purchase the gun which came with 2 half chokes.

The medallist was made by Fias under license from Browning I believe, so they would be the chokes to look out for if you really want to get different chokes.

OK if you think that you will struggle with 2 X 1/2's, stick a skeet in the bottom barrel and leave one of the 1/2's in the top. Shoot the gun  like that until you are totally confused with swapping the safety catch around ,to change which barrel fires first, then put the other half choke back in, job done !

What are you shooting? Skeet? ABT? The medalist is a FIAS made gun and chokes do crop up for sale or teague will supply ones that fit 1/2 and 1/2 is great if appropriate to the target best thing to do is ignore the chokes or pattern the gun and decide the cartridge has as much effect on pattern as the choke tube..... So what carts are you using?

Latest posts

Back