Rhino Chokes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robo

Ive been looking at Rhino Ported Chokes, they look rather smart but I dont know of any one who has used them so thought I would ask if any of you guys have used them or are using them ?I would like to know how they pattern, it says on their web site that you can go a size down ? so Im thinking of 1/4 and 3/8 for starters. I would be interested reading anyone's views on these chokes. Rob

Used them in the past and yes they look good and they do a job! I guess the Rhino choke is a bit dated now but nothing wrong with them at all! May I ask why? I think most branded chokes are good and do the job it just comes down to personal preference and fashion! Glen

Hi Glen, I just fancied something different to my current Opti chokes and I dont like the coloured bands on them much. Rob

Hi Robo,I don't use Rhino but know a couple of people who use them and are happy with them.I use Ported Briley Spectrum's which pattern really well, i'm not sure of the alleged reduction in muzzle flip and a 5% reduction in recoil but they do look nice :) but are a PITA to clean :(Jon.

IMHO,  some of the pattern difference is controlled by the shells you use, so they might pattern one way in your gun with one sort of shell and completely differently in someone else's gun with their shells. Try them on a pattern plate at different distances with your regular shells to get an idea if they will do you any good mate.

Hi Jon,  to easily clear your Briley's  but a can of spray break cleaner from a car parts shop - a large can is about £3 and will last you a month or two, it will clean any part of your gun without harming any bit of it although I wouldn't get it on the wood, I use it on my new Perazzi for everything before I re grease and oil before assembly, it's great from cleanin your choke threads in the barrel where you can't get to, I just spray/flush until the dirt stops and leave it for two minutes until it evaporate's and then oil lightly /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif Nige

I opened this thinking.....what Rino choked ....and when......and then I found it was a techno discussion!!!

ah that was the animal killer in you comin out hope you were gonna get a laugh  /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Hi Rob,I've used rhino chokes in a beretta and a gamba and in both guns they did seem to give really good 'kills' equivalent to a choke tighter than a standard choke.One thing to consider is that they are comparatively heavy so may change the balance of your gun for better or worse.Stewart

chesterse said:

Hi Rob,I've used rhino chokes in a beretta and a gamba and in both guns they did seem to give really good 'kills' equivalent to a choke tighter than a standard choke.One thing to consider is that they are comparatively heavy so may change the balance of your gun for better or worse.Stewart
 Hi Stewart,   Thats a good point, I havent thought about the weight /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif  Rob

Thanks for your posts on the chokes guys, just ordered a couple from West Country Guns. I will do a pattern test with them against my Opti chokes when they arrive to see how much of a denser pattern they throw . Rob

Robo said:

Thanks for your posts on the chokes guys, just ordered a couple from West Country Guns. I will do a pattern test with them against my Opti chokes when they arrive to see how much of a denser pattern they throw . Rob
Rob, I'm not trying to be funny, but why not just put a tighter Optima choke in your gun and save yourself some money /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

Back