Renewed, GP Fee, back door tax?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had my renewal in December, in a very reasonable time scale. No contact from my GP. very pleased with service from Hampshire.

Moan? Like many I have no issue with the fee for renewal it's the GP fee "cost" that prompted my op, as I understand it when the present legislation was in draft  the stakeholders including the BMA agreed all initial replies to Police enquiries where to be cost free, if and it's a big if the Police required any additional information from ones GP the Police would bear the cost. However the GPs rejected original proposal, the GMA cannot enforce the original draft so we now have GPs or more likely the practice management asking for fees which I again understand have ranged from £40 to £140.

One pays what one is asked in the country in which one lives, costs of x y and x can be compared favourably / unfavourably until the cows come home can they not? 
That is the point I am making you are asking about something that is required by the police once in 5 years that you have to pay for and are moaning is this a back door tax.. get it paid and stop moaning about it ... you cannot have your guns without it!

edit. How could it be classed as a tax anyway you are paying the money to a doctor are you not or do the police actually pocket the dosh and pay the doctor zip?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've recently renewed, no fee from my GP in Cumbria.
I can feel a that is not fair thread coming on ... To be fair if there is to be a charge it should be the same for all... unless of course you happen to have a Dr in Harley St :lol:

I must have a decent quack, never paid a penny piece to get my certs. When I renewed my last HGV licence, did not pay for the medical for that either. (a good while ago). As I say, a good doctor.

Latest posts

Back