Referees are people too

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At a recent shoot a shooter in front of me was using an auto and it jammed on the second of a sim pair.the unfired shell  was stuck in the ejection port the shooter held the gun for the ref to see.  he got up  said "give me that  cartridge" looked at it and said "pair lost the primer hasn't been struck" the shooter looked at him open mouthed at to his credit didn't argue but laughed  and carried on.

Thanks, Wonko. Very sensible post. Did someone write it for you? ;-)
 ...............green rug two-inches deepwith a young boy to write my stuff now,I keep him in a ten-foot square cage with atypewriter, feed him whiskey and raw whores,belt buckle him pretty good three or four times a week.I’m 60 years old now and the critics saymy stuff is getting better than ever.

Charles Bukowski

Sadly,

we all can make mistakes , going back to your very first post , he was blatantly wrong on two counts , but it was handled by you and the other competitor correctly.

As for the incident that Chippy mentioned , the referee was plainly wrong !

Trained or not , experienced or not , the referee should realise that this is a pastime , a hobby , a sport , we are paying the shoot organisers and the referees to give us a fair shake of the dice .

What I object strongly to is the arrogant gamesmanship or in other words cheating, where when they have clearly missed it they contest the result.

I recently witnessed two England shooters of the same name coach each other through a stand on a registered shoot  and the 'referee' allowed it .

All I can say is they must be desperate to win. 

These Assholes think anything is fine as long as they "WIN".      time the CPSA got off their asses! And named and shamed them!

Wouldn't it be nice to go to a shoot , have perfect targets thrown , have polite , courteous referees , no disputes , correctly recorded scores on every stand , no

no-birds, no one having a temper tantrum because they missed and good weather? Oh how I wish that could be !

Ooops silly me , it did happen last Sunday at a shoot called Westfield run by a Farmer and his very attractive Daughter. :smile: :smile:

Wouldn't it be nice to go to a shoot , have perfect targets thrown , have polite , courteous referees , no disputes , correctly recorded scores on every stand , no

no-birds, no one having a temper tantrum because they missed and good weather? Oh how I wish that could be !

Ooops silly me , it did happen last Sunday at a shoot called Westfield run by a Farmer and his very attractive Daughter. :smile: :smile:
Correct me if I am wrong, BUT the 'Cheshire Shield' springs to mind ?

Westley , CORRECT, but that Cheshire lot are a bit STRANGE don't you think????

Most of them dress like extras from Cheshire Wives and have about as much idea about reality as the tarts on there. :smile: :smile:

( Only joking , for those of a delicate disposition)

Back