Red shells or blue ones

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A very complex and important topic this. Whilst black cartridges with a high brass will obviously make you shoot better, this is balanced by cost and, crucially, other people's perception of you and the pressure this can place on the shooter.

In addition to the colour of the case and height of the brass the carts must come out of some designer trendy box with an exotic name like Titanium or Gold cos' its important to communicate to the world that cost=better performance or as I like to think of it...missing with style.

In addition to the colour of the case and height of the brass the carts must come out of some designer trendy box with an exotic name like Titanium or Gold cos' its important to communicate to the world that cost=better performance or as I like to think of it...missing with style.
Does that mean that my gold cased ones are exceptionally stylish and much better performing,interested as i need to know which colour are rubbish to match my shooting?

when we have sorted this out, I need to know what length "brass" I should be using for sporting clays. Naturally, the longer the brass the better the performance, but obviously I don't want to go too long because of the increase in price.
At least 25mm if price is a problem just wrap some tinfoil round shorter ones to make them look longer.

I am greatly surprised that nobody has quoted 'Scientific Evidence'  to prove that it makes a vast difference to future generations, to ENSURE we get the colour coding correct in each barrel.  In fact, I feel that there is probably a European Directive on the subject   !       🙄

It will soon be a mundane bio degradable single use cardboard package with a none exotic name like er......................STEEL     !    🥱

Schmokinn does make an interesting point, whilst the colour matters not at all I most probably wouldn't buy carts if they came in girly pink cases...there are some points where I'd just have to draw the line.

Schmokinn does make an interesting point, whilst the colour matters not at all I most probably wouldn't buy carts if they came in girly pink cases...there are some points where I'd just have to draw the line.
Oh come on, buy some, just imagine your mates faces when you open the first box.🤣

20200227_204146.jpg

Go on, you know you want to.

It says on the box, guaranteed to make you hit every clay you hit.

Well they seem to work for a certain shooter, If that's what they in fact use 😉, me I can miss with any brand/cost/colour quite easy

Can't use pink ones they clash with my outfit!

So should cartridges be colour coded to your shootin attire or maybe your standard of shooting?

Haven't seen any brown ones for a while if the latter!

Last edited by a moderator:
Carts should be color coded to the Gun!  Such as blue is not a Perazzi color while red and green most certainly are.  Really quite simple.

Carts should be color coded to the Gun!  Such as blue is not a Perazzi color while red and green most certainly are.  Really quite simple.
Oh, was planning to purchase some blue & green ones in the morrow, been using grey as of late, apt given performance of mutt behind butt

Oh hell, just read this thread and I am confused. Been shooting blues for quite a long time but just yesterday I bought some red ones.

Will that knacker my chances of hitting anything 😬

Oh hell, just read this thread and I am confused. Been shooting blues for quite a long time but just yesterday I bought some red ones.

Will that knacker my chances of hitting anything 😬
Maybe you should hedge your bets and use purple

20200228_215101.jpg

don't think I'm regal enough for purple.........mind you Harry isn't anymore either
But......it says on the box "high performance " and "competition" that's got to be worth another fiver a slab surely. 

Latest posts

Back