RC v Fiocchi

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks les,

you rich git i cant afford rc 4 or red shot mate were on a budget oop north you know.

Thanks les,

you rich git i cant afford rc 4 or red shot mate were on a budget oop north you know.
But Ian we're a poor load of peasants down here in Dorset mate, I cant even afford to shoot every week, not like you rich buggers up north!! You shoot at least two days a week! We struggle to make ends meet down here, we are so poor that we can only afford to have one shoe repaired at a time, well those that can afford shoes of course!!

But Ian we're a poor load of peasants down here in Dorset mate, I cant even afford to shoot every week, not like you rich buggers up north!! You shoot at least two days a week! We struggle to make ends meet down here, we are so poor that we can only afford to have one shoe repaired at a time, well those that can afford shoes of course!!
Said the man with the all singing and dancing, spanking new k80.  :girlcrazy:

RC2 compare well with FBlu, in my opinion being very similar but, in my opinion, FBlack are up a notch or two on both, particularly in 24gram.  Now that's just my opinion you understand.

Shot some sporting practice at Ian Coley's last Friday and Saturday whilst on a trip out west.  Bought some FBlu 28's on Friday to use.  Was surprised how much louder and thumpier in the shoulder they were than what I'm used to. Went back to my usual Hull Comp X 28's on Saturday.

Shot some sporting practice at Ian Coley's last Friday and Saturday whilst on a trip out west.  Bought some FBlu 28's on Friday to use.  Was surprised how much louder and thumpier in the shoulder they were than what I'm used to. Went back to my usual Hull Comp X 28's on Saturday.
There is a big difference between those two for loudness and recoil. Most decent cartridges are somewhere between the two.

RC are very different from Fiocchi in that they are an excellent cartridge of the very highest quality being marketed very well and priced accordingly. Fiocchi are almost the opposite and are in the Aldi and Netto part of the marketplace being sold solely on price with little reference to quality. A place for everything I know, but don't kid yourselves that you're getting top quality at a bargain price, because you're not.

RC are very different from Fiocchi in that they are an excellent cartridge of the very highest quality being marketed very well and priced accordingly. Fiocchi are almost the opposite and are in the Aldi and Netto part of the marketplace being sold solely on price with little reference to quality. A place for everything I know, but don't kid yourselves that you're getting top quality at a bargain price, because you're not.
That likely applies to many brands in varying degrees.

The other side of that is that the ammo manufactures aren't getting the premium shooter in me.  Little truth in advertising all the way around :hunter:    

I've shot both RC2 24g 8's and Fblu 24g 7.5s side by side for a couple of years through my Miroku 3800 choke full and x full. I don't find much difference recoil wise and I have a very slim pad on the gun. price wise they are within £10 per 1000. For DTL I find the RC2 8's are great mentally to compensate for the tight chokes but this year swapped to fblu as there is a slim chance of some sponsorship whereas RC are no chance. Used the fblu for OT and ABT and had great patterns especially second barrels possibly slightly quicker but not a lot in it. If fblu did an 8 shot I'd be 100% for DTL but would choose them over RC for OT and ABT in 7.5. I haven't tried the fblack due to cost and as I live one IoW I have massive extra travel costs so every penny counts!

Hope that helps! :)

I've shot RC2 in 9.5 for skeet and have some 7.5 which I got for a good price from William Powell and like shooting them.  Fiocchi  are harder to get around here so I've not used them yet.  Are 8's the recommended shot for DTL and 7.5 for ABT?

Are 8's the recommended shot for DTL and 7.5 for ABT?
7.5 or 8 for DTL depending on gun, choke, personal preference

7 or 7.5 for ABT depending on gun, choke, personal preference

If the RC2 size 8 is 2.3mm then that equates to an English 7.5, I'm than happy to use an English 7.5 on ABT, UT or OT.

I have always preferred 7.5 to 7s i am now on a quest for the elusive quality 7.5 under 200 per k

I have always preferred 7.5 to 7s i am now on a quest for the elusive quality 7.5 under 200 per k
Clever Mirage T1's or T2's both under £200/k, both quality shells, Clever 8's are English 7.5's...take a trip up the North Ayrshire and treat yourself to ABT and OT at £5 per round, make it a comp day, fill your car with friends, fill your boots, fill the boot of your car...three covered ABT layouts and one covered OT layout...

Sounds like a plan James and just happens that Mrs ips and i are off for a week in caravan on solway coast in two days however i promised it would be a shooting free week :( but now that norgas is stocking them i am in a position to try them which i will when my current stock of 1500 ish have gone. So T2 in 8s you reckon ? Are they 24 and 28s

Ps

what are super target like same antimony as T2 but cheaper. Just checked and yes 24 and 28 and as you say james under 200 so all boxes ticked so far. Norgas only 20 mile away so even better. Are thee T2 soft recoil and clean burning ? Any idea what the speed is and how tight do they pattern.

Ps

what are super target like same antimony as T2 but cheaper. Just checked and yes 24 and 28 and as you say james under 200 so all boxes ticked so far. Norgas only 20 mile away so even better. Are thee T2 soft recoil and clean burning ? Any idea what the speed is and how tight do they pattern.
T2's are very soft/smooth and clean burning!!! 24's and 28's. Pattern is 'medium' through my gun but very even, if I'm shooting DTL or ABT I shoot 28g through 1/2 3/4, OT 24g through 1/2 3/4 or 3/4 full still can't see a difference between 3/4 and full on 2nd barrel kills!?!? Antimony is 3% for both T1/T2...T2 DTL's are 5% for a few £ more. The 3% shot is exellent quality, very even, round and much harder than a lot of other 3% shot I've seen. The difference between T1's and T2's is mostly powder, T2's use more expensive and very smooth powder. All the Clever shells in the UK have cut wads after Tom Young ordered 50k with cut wads and 50k without, sent them out for a 'blind test'...the feed back was, "what's different about this batch Tom...the breaks are awesome!!!" So Tom orders ALL clay shells with cut wads now. T1's have a little thump, less than Eley Superbs, but lots more than T2's (in 28g) the 24g version of both are silky!!!

I was shooting compak practice at Hopetoun tonight, E bird was a 50yd edgy midi that was curling away from you...1/2 choke and 28g T1 8's were wrecking it!!!

Latest posts

Back