Pull

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Mclean

Just a quick and simple one.

I haven't received my March/April copy of the Pull magazine, has anyone got one yet or are they just a little slow off the press?

Bet you thought this was going to be so much more interesting than it actually is! :)

Me neither....

Well it would have had the directors announcement...... :laugh:

Michelle......Michelle......Michelllllllllleeeeee

Last edited:
I have normally got it by now and planned my shooting outings already! With Mr & Mrs Lovatt away this weekend I will have to find other grounds to shoot at.

Still there's a few days left.

Jason, if all fails use the CPSA web pages just a bit of filtering needed, in an ideal world you could pick a few and it would send you an autoroute etc

The last one I received was Nov/Dec 2013......I'd just assumed they'd decided to stop over the winter period.

I'm sure they'll remember me when my subs are due.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iggy...you better call them because there was a Jan / Feb issue with your director voting slip in it....!!

Shock horror....you did not get a chance to vote......wonder how many others in your situation :laugh:

P.s. You have missed a riveting read.....(yawn)

Mine turned up this morning ......... who and what do they expect us to do with this voting form ? personally I know none of the named persons ? any one any wiser please front up and explain ?

Mine arrived this morning. I wish I could go to the AGM and challenge some of the crap that is in there. But yet again, for the third year running I am at a wedding. (I will run out of friends that aren't married at some point!)

Has it got lots of pretty pictures in it ?

I've not read it properly yet Ian, just a quick scan.

To be fair, there is a 2 page on Amber which looks worth the read and Mike Williams has made some good contributions.

It's just the spin and nonsense that winds me up. We are already members so give us honesty and accountability not a lot of false advertising about how great the association is. Those reading Pull are already invested in the success of clay shooting.

With internet access Pull is becoming unnecessary. The fixtures can't be relied upon as grounds can add and drop fixtures with very little notice. We have to submit our fixtures for Pull over a month in advance.

Nottingham has had 5 extra comps over the last few weeks that were never advertised in Pull. Comps were cancelled across the country due to bad weather so you have to check the website anyway.

Is it time for Pull to go? The only thing I'm actually bothered about are Championship reports and the county/regional section.

Rant over! What does everyone else think?

Iggy...you better call them because there was a Jan / Feb issue with your director voting slip in it....!!

Shock horror....you did not get a chance to vote......wonder how many others in your situation :laugh:

P.s. You have missed a riveting read.....(yawn)
Thanks Timker, I've just e- mailed them...looks like I'm missing a couple of editions.

Got mine today, what a disappointing gun test as usual. Granted Vic Harker is as knowledgeable as the next expert but what a lesson in bland delivery of the long awaited Beretta 692 Trap gun ! I'm sure it isn't his fault either in forgetting to include ruddy photographs of the subject  :pic:  , what possible excuse can there be for that ? He goes on about grip radius and shape and fore end etc, but we have no idea what he's talking about because whoever edits this pointless so called freebie hasn't got a clue. 

If I had a choice I'd cancel my subscription which is what I did about 10 years ago with Clay Shooting magazine for much the same reason.

In case anyone was wondering, there is life after CPSA. With the spate of ground closures down this way (South West) it's almost pointless being a member unless you fancy travelling half way across the country every weekend. I enjoy my shooting more now than I ever did as a member because the pressure of averages does not enter the equation. And the Politics?? No, I don't miss that!  :sarcastic:

And do I miss that Rag-Mag??  HELL NO!!  :biggrin:

Got mine today, what a disappointing gun test as usual. Granted Vic Harker is as knowledgeable as the next expert but what a lesson in bland delivery of the long awaited Beretta 692 Trap gun ! I'm sure it isn't his fault either in forgetting to include ruddy photographs of the subject  :pic:  , what possible excuse can there be for that ? He goes on about grip radius and shape and fore end etc, but we have no idea what he's talking about because whoever edits this pointless so called freebie hasn't got a clue. 

If I had a choice I'd cancel my subscription which is what I did about 10 years ago with Clay Shooting magazine for much the same reason.
I always like how Vic holds the gun open and stares angrily down the tubes....does it with every gun test without fail.

I find the gun tests very samey, I'm sure there's a template and the different gun names are just dropped in.

Mine turned up this morning ......... who and what do they expect us to do with this voting form ? personally I know none of the named persons ? any one any wiser please front up and explain ?
It is not really important...it is just the standard voting in those who already act for CPSA. Mine is written in English and says who they are. Don't worry.....they all get in each year anyway.

Don't worry about the fact that they made a loss this year......there is another £600K+ in the kitty.

The AGM is at Bracknel this year. I was not going to bother....but as it is sooooo close it would be rude not to.....and I would not want to miss the answer to some of the accounts questions that will no doubt be asked. (I will take the popcorn with me i think).

Lots of waffle about extra funding again and name dropping...but as usual...no meat on the bones....!

How does the young 'exceptional' or talented shooter get his or hers 'Invitation' to the assessment days. 

What is the support that these young shots 'might' get for the year....if they are chosen after the assessment day.

No dates....no figures...no details of how or who invites who....no details of the 'quality' of the selectors.....just wishwashy wish list airing...................Pfffffffffffffft.

Yawn.

We want the meat.....show us the meat :laugh:

(Edit for spelling).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back