Price

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Clever Mirages I shoot have dropped in price since I last ordered a few months ago. You might want to give Tom @ Continental Shooting Supplies/North Ayrshire a bell

Cartridge pricing works on a ratchet. Once cranked up it can only stay where it is or ratchet up another level. Oh.. Until one of the big manufacturers doesn't read the script and starts a price war. Then watch..

Lead is down, crude oil is down, fuel at the pump is down.

What is the chances of cartridges following?
In answer to your question, probably zero. However my thoughts...

If the consumer (shooters) could act as one and manipulate the market they may be able to influence price.

If enough of us bought just one brand, for a long enough period, it would force the other suppliers to drop their prices (eventually, depending on how deep their pockets are) to protect their market share.

The current decline in oil price is due, in large, to OPEC (read Saudi) protecting its market share. It's hurting many OPEC members who want to stem supply to protect the price but the Saudis aren't playing ball, yet.

Proves the economics of demand and supply stack up.

Now, what brand shall we pick, let's have some fun...

Hey Matt what happened to that interview that was planned with one of the cartridge boss boys, seems a good time right about now.  :hocky:   ;)

I heard they have their own Piranha club a la F1 called Flounder, cos they all lie like flatfish.

If the consumer (shooters) could act as one and manipulate the market they may be able to influence price.

If enough of us bought just one brand, for a long enough period, it would force the other suppliers to drop their prices (eventually, depending on how deep their pockets are) to protect their market share.

The current decline in oil price is due, in large, to OPEC (read Saudi) protecting its market share. It's hurting many OPEC members who want to stem supply to protect the price but the Saudis aren't playing ball, yet.

The oil price is more about hurting Putin than anything else, Saudi is just playing the good poodle under instructions from the US.

It's  a great idea heard many times in different fields like buying petrol and it's never worked.

I remember when even the most expensive went to hundred quid a k. About the same time fags were a quid and a pint of best was fifty pence and I could fill my bike up for a fiver.

The oil price is more about hurting Putin than anything else, Saudi is just playing the good poodle under instructions from the US.
Do you think so? This oversupply is hurting US companies just as much as OPEC nations. It's a race to the bottom which will be detrimental to the U.S. economy. All that just to get at Putin, at the expense of US infrastructure / domestic economy, I can't see it.

I think it's more straight forward than that. A general oversupply (US shale included) and weakening global demand. Yes I agree it's hurting Russia but that is just a by-product of Saudi protecting their market share at all costs.

Saudi can probably sustain <$40 per barrel for several years, the U.S. cannot. OPEC are definitely no puppet on a U.S. string.

It's  a great idea heard many times in different fields like buying petrol and it's never worked.
Your right, it's never worked. But that's not because of the economics.

It's hard to manipulate markets. It would be far easier if we could just find a very large pot of lead at the bottom of the garden and increase supply, rather than 'artificially' trying to affect demand.

I'm taking the spade down the garden now...

Even with the simple and true supply demand theory, reality should be lower raw material, manufacturing and distribution cost = lower sale price. I have been shooting for nearly 3 years now and prices have just gone up. Market forces should turn it the other way now. The only supplier that helped stop prices going higher recently has been Fiocchi, with their launch of FBlack and wanting market share.

All just my opinion of coarse.

Latest posts

Back