Stock finishing product

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeordieTrapper

I am using Slippery Dicks oil and getting a good result, what would members use as a finishing coat to protect the stock?

I am not sure whether to use Antiquax, Tru Oil or just leave it as it is to dry thoroughly

I use my own mix of Alkanet root red oil, then Trade Secrets or CCL stock finishing oil. If it looks as though my gunstock is going to get wet, I use a furniture polish on it the night previous to the outing. I use this stuff and have done for over 20 years, without any problems. It stops the oil finish getting damaged and water bounces off the wood. It is also none slip. You will note it does NOT use the word GUN on the can, which is why it sells for less than £2 . 😊

Attachments

• 20240308_121802.jpg
    20240308_121802.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I am using Slippery Dicks oil and getting a good result, what would members use as a finishing coat to protect the stock?

I am not sure whether to use Antiquax, Tru Oil or just leave it as it is to dry thoroughly
I use the slippery dicks stock wax and find it really good.buffs up really nice.

Latest posts

Back