Premier League Rd 2 EJ Churchills 20.3.16

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. Couldnt see it on CPSA or Churchills website. Was debating 4C or this one but after last 4C shoot will try my luck at EJC. Will head there early doors to try and avoid the rush but many will probably have the same idea.
I have a feeling it's going to be a 3 - 5 hour round of que's and cold ?

I'm heading out about 1 

I get the impression that this will be one of the more popular rounds so a lot of waiting. 

Is the parking going to be off-road in a field does anyone know?

I get the impression that this will be one of the more popular rounds so a lot of waiting. 

Is the parking going to be off-road in a field does anyone know?
Parking was last time on the field.  I really hope its not as long as last year which was really caused by a big influx at the beginning and the computer malfunction getting the score cards out to the longest queue I have ever stood in.  It delayed everything for us by about an hour. 

Parking was last time on the field.  I really hope its not as long as last year which was really caused by a big influx at the beginning and the computer malfunction getting the score cards out to the longest queue I have ever stood in.  It delayed everything for us by about an hour. 
I've heard of a few travelling in from abroad to shoot this as a practice for the World Sporting in June as they are being held at the same venue.

I'd pack some snacks and drink in your shoot bag! 

I think they will have to go to 2 day events if it continues to get this much support as people will get fed up with 400 entry shoots

I've heard of a few travelling in from abroad to shoot this as a practice for the World Sporting in June as they are being held at the same venue.

I think they will have to go to 2 day events if it continues to get this much support as people will get fed up with 400 entry shoots
I really hope it isn't that long I want to do Westonwood as well.

Might do it the other way round as last card for EJC is 3.30 pm

Last edited by a moderator:
I am thinking I might just do Four Counties instead and avoid the potential chaos as shooting on my own even more boring standing around in queues.
If you're not part of the Premier League and don't really need to shoot it, I'd personally stay well clear as I can guarantee it will be at very best extremely busy but more likely to be horrendous! 

Yes food, drink and toilet paper. Seriously though I'm going with an open mind. But if it is like it was last year then I will only do squaded prem shoots of which two I am booked on or if they are spread over two days. Taking 5 - 6 hours to shoot 100 reg is just a mind numbing waste of time.

Also they Churchills have put the price up to £42 making it one of the dearest in the country so I am expecting the best in the country.

Yes food, drink and toilet paper. Seriously though I'm going with an open mind. But if it is like it was last year then I will only do squaded prem shoots of which two I am booked on or if they are spread over two days. Taking 5 - 6 hours to shoot 100 reg is just a mind numbing waste of time.

Also they Churchills have put the price up to £42 making it one of the dearest in the country so I am expecting the best in the country.
Ah yes 1 toilet at the clubhouse was not good planning.

Which two rounds of prem league are squadded?

Ah yes 1 toilet at the clubhouse was not good planning.

Which two rounds of prem league are squadded?
Sporting Targets and Cambridge I think

I peed in a bush

Last edited by a moderator:
I really want to shoot this event but I'm getting a bit put off by the talk of how many entries are likely. 

Might just head to Weston Wood instead as I don't enjoy waiting 15-30 minutes between stands. It breaks the flow and concentration a bit!

I really want to shoot this event but I'm getting a bit put off by the talk of how many entries are likely. 

Might just head to Weston Wood instead as I don't enjoy waiting 15-30 minutes between stands. It breaks the flow and concentration a bit!
Trouble is what if it isn't that busy and it flows nicely you will miss out on what will probably be a good shoot on a lovely bit of ground.

That's my fear! I will see how brave I feel on the day  :cool:

This is a huge problem in the equestrian world as a lot of people will start tweetingFacebooking about ground conditions or crowds at a venue which can put other competitors off; this then hurts the venue as entries diminish for that event. I would hate to see that happen to some of the shooting grounds.

That's my fear! I will see how brave I feel on the day  :cool:

This is a huge problem in the equestrian world as a lot of people will start tweetingFacebooking about ground conditions or crowds at a venue which can put other competitors off; this then hurts the venue as entries diminish for that event. I would hate to see that happen to some of the shooting grounds.
You get 2-300 at normal reg shoots now. Like WLSS, BSG, this shoot is something special so there is every chance the entry will be large. Lot of non CPSA shooters. So you have to prepare for this, food, drink, get your mind set for a day out. Its about getting as many shooters as possible on the day paying £42. Nice pay day for them, just hope they treat us well. 

Same here .. Still undecided. Maybe I just brave it and get there for a 9am sharp start. Especially as my last score at Four Counties was pap.

If anyone else wants to shoot around at 9 let me know.

Any reason why its £42 ???

Latest posts

Back