Practical Shotgun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never even felt the urge to possess a pump action shotgun, since I retired.
I sold mine 3 months ago , now our friends have bought 50 acres of rough hilly grazing backing onto our house . There are brambles , stone walls , thickets , you get the general idea . I’m loath to drag my Gd5 20 gauge through that , the Mossy would have just been the ticket especially at night 

I say Smithers.. chap there’s got a ruddy T-shirt on! ... be letting women in next hwa hwa 
You may take the mick now , but give it a couple of years to get bored with clays , and mark my words  you’ll be buying moleskin breeks , mustard stockings and red garters 🤣

Reactions: ips
I sold mine 3 months ago , now our friends have bought 50 acres of rough hilly grazing backing onto our house . There are brambles , stone walls , thickets , you get the general idea . I’m loath to drag my Gd5 20 gauge through that , the Mossy would have just been the ticket especially at night 

You may take the mick now , but give it a couple of years to get bored with clays , and mark my words  you’ll be buying moleskin breeks , mustard stockings and red garters 🤣
I’m already bored of clays, I did think of sticking up Post Offices instead but they closed them all and a cba with the queue in the CoOp. 

As we all know quite well, ips is the authoritative fashion consultant in that particular venue.  Best be consulting with him for any foray into that particular field.   :thumbsup:

just a thot

As we all know quite well, ips is the authoritative fashion consultant in that particular venue.  Best be consulting with him for any foray into that particular field.   :thumbsup:

just a thot
Tis true 😃

I quite like the idea of it, but not so great with a O/U ., and I dont think im currently eligible for a FAC     :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I quite like the idea of it, but not so great with a O/U ., and I dont think im currently eligible for a FAC     :cry:
Coincidentally I’ve just got back from my first go at PSG and I have to say it was really enjoyable despite only having a 2+1 semi auto. As I suspected the myths about it being all gung-ho and yeehaw were immediately debunked, there’s way more gun checking, RO supervision and general safety goings on than there ever will be at a public clay ground, it stands to reason there has to be. The targets themselves  are relatively easy but working out the best order and keeping tabs on what’s in the gun, reloading on the move etc takes it out of you. I’ll probably do another guest day then join the club it’ll be a good thing to do alongside the clays, I personally wouldn’t take an o/u purely because they cost so much and might get scratched but people do 👍🏻 

Cheers Bud.

I believe I need to join a club before ill get a FAC?! Perhaps ill go ahead and start looking into grounds near me.😁

Cheers Bud.

I believe I need to join a club before ill get a FAC?! Perhaps ill go ahead and start looking into grounds near me.😁
I’d say joining a club to make sure you actually like doing it was the first priority, plenty of fun to be had with a 2+1 auto you can own on the license you already have 👍🏻 

The club I go to has guest days and you can to three of those before you have to either join or do one so maybe see if you can do that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back