Power Blue?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cartridge rule is only enforced at Brookbank for practise, registered shoots aren't affected!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The cartridge rule is only enforced at Brookbank for practise, registered shoots aren't affected!Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Any idea why? And is it any hull or fiocchi load? Or is it low noise carts only?

Just bought a slabof express blue in 8 as I can't get superfast in 8 and I don't like compX

Maybe they got finance from the cartridge companies to make improvements and that's a condition of the loan.  Bit like a brewery loan to a pub - you have to sell their beer as part of the deal!

I have no idea why but its possible.

The cartridge rule is only enforced at Brookbank for practise, registered shoots aren't affected!Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any idea why? And is it any hull or fiocchi load? Or is it low noise carts only?
Just bought a slabof express blue in 8 as I can't get superfast in 8 and I don't like compX
Not sure why to be honest and as far as I'm aware, it's any of the hull/fiocchi loads. You don't strictly have to buy the cartridges there, just shoot the brand. Doesn't really affect me as I only shot fiocchi these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quick pattern test done of the 28g plas 7.5 shot, at 20 yards only.

Nothing strange or startling to report; just a decent pattern typical of reasonable quality shell of this specification. The actual "diameter" of the pattern is on the small / tight side compared to many others (halfway between a Hull Pro One and a Hull Sovereign actually). Fairly dense centre, but not so dense that the pellets are wasted.

Sorry about the branding on the cardboard I had to hand..

post-76-0-22996000-1399892551.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
I shot some of those on a coaching day with @EdSolomons and can report very long range kills - 60/70 yard crow at the end of the day disappeared using those. 

A good point, on that day I shot about 7/8 kinds of shells - proper quality street... White Gold, Power Blue, Victory Sporter, Victory Challenger and plenty of other random stuff.... I didn't notice much difference between any of them.... 

A good point, on that day I shot about 7/8 kinds of shells - proper quality street... White Gold, Power Blue, Victory Sporter, Victory Challenger and plenty of other random stuff.... I didn't notice much difference between any of them....
I am now very much in the mindset of "make sure they don't do anything horrible, such as have obviously crap pattern or high recoil". After that, it is, regrettably, all about pointing the barrels..

I just don't like the name...."Power Blue".......sounds like some sort of toilet cleaner!!!!! :biggrin:

I just used up 250 power red nice an cheap

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ooh no power red are only 27g.........phaaaaaaaaarp..............."

www.proshock.co.uk

Quick pattern test done of the 28g plas 7.5 shot, at 20 yards only.

Nothing strange or startling to report; just a decent pattern typical of reasonable quality shell of this specification. The actual "diameter" of the pattern is on the small / tight side compared to many others (halfway between a Hull Pro One and a Hull Sovereign actually). Fairly dense centre, but not so dense that the pellets are wasted.

Sorry about the branding on the cardboard I had to hand..
I had the same result as you Clever. I tested some back in February ..28g 8s through 3/8 and 5/8 chokes ;)

Seriously tho the power red shot lovely and zero recoil in my k80!

www.proshock.co.uk

Back