Power Blue?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried them the power blue at the west kent zz Grand Prix they were ok, my favourite express HV are a similar price, one of the guys we went with used them on sporting, he had good kills, he shot 40 or 50, all dusted ( mind you he can shoot a bit)

Tried these today at ot, they were ok, case seemed ok as was the crimp, breaks were good fairly soft recoil and in the middle speed wise of f black and f blu chrono said 1275 observed at 2m. 165 quid per k for 28g plastic 7.5 i missed just as well with them as i missed with blacks or anything else so its true you can miss with just about any cartridge.

Just Cartridges are listing these at £198 now so that was short lived. Tried them on Wednesday, found them adequate and low recoil for a 28gm.

Yes that is a good word to use, adequate. They didn't blow me away and we both agree recoil was acceptable. 198 is steep considering there presumably just above budget.

Tinker Bell is probably partying tonight and won't see this. What raised most eyebrows today on the chrono was seeing F-blu 24gm (but not 28gm) go through 100fps faster than any others.

Yes I was suprised how slow the f black 28 were, 1150 ish if I remember correctly however we put that many through I got lost :)

tried them two weeks ago, £153 per 1000 here in NI,  they were ok but no better that the FOB Viper we've been shooting all summer @ £140 per 1000 

This review by admin must be very in depth as 6 months past and still nothing, that is one hell of a good test session.

Actually it wasn't by me - I was being supplied...   let me chase the fella. 

I have tried a few thousand of these. I'm very impressed. Excellent for skeet targets and some excellent kills at distant birds (Sporting). Recoil is on par with the pro one DTL 300 and is not a problem. I would certainly recommend these shells and they are a lot cheaper than the pro ones!! Buy some amd give them a go!!

saw them of facebook this week @ £153 per 1000 on a gun shop's page, I've shot a 1000 of them and I like them and they're good for that money. 

If they remain in the 160 Olympics area then there very good if they go to 190 like some places are trying to sell them then they have a problem imo

I ran out of my normal Eley Olympics on sunday so went to Haimwood shooting ground and shot but bought 75 of these to give a bash. All worked fine although am not going to nipping at Ed`s ankles any time soon with them. No noticable difference between these and other simlar brands such as eley firsts, olympics, express sporter etc.

ATB

Matt

Current price at shooting ground is 165 tried another slab good breaks very clean.

Tried 100 Power Blue at Oakedge today - 7.5, plastic wad.

Breaks were good on the 72 I didn't miss, but I would say they were a bit harsher on the shoulder than the Evo's I've been using for the last few months. Just cleaned the gun and it's come up a treat without scrubbing, so no issues there.

The Power Blues are a nice shell for £165/1000 but personally I think I'll pay the extra £20 and stick with the Evo's

Iggy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shot power blue yesterday and shot super comp today, (both OT) the latter are 50 per k more than the blue.

Are blues 50 inferior or to put it another way are super comp 50 better......imo NO.

Breaks equaly good with blue however if your bothered they did seem slightly slower. Super were as a result unsurprisingly heavier recoil. I would imagine the antimony in the comp is higher, did I notice.....NO

Conclusion imo by blue and shoot two free BO comps.

Back