Power Blue?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After hearing eley olympics are being discontinued I tried a slab of these in 8shot and they seem OK a bit less recoil and break the clay if I put the shot in the right place.and best of all they are blue.

I have been using 8's in the Power Blues for the past few months along with my Express DTL's in 7.5's and it is the perfect combination for me as I usually just stick to Sporting.

I did shoot the FITASC at the Highwaymans though and used lots of the eights and the breaks were excellent. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a good all round cartridge at a good price.

Glad you tried a proper cartridge Chippy!

I have been using 8's in the Power Blues for the past few months along with my Express DTL's in 7.5's and it is the perfect combination for me as I usually just stick to Sporting.

I did shoot the FITASC at the Highwaymans though and used lots of the eights and the breaks were excellent. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a good all round cartridge at a good price.

Glad you tried a proper cartridge Chippy!
Where do you get yours from sue?

Have been getting them from Gun and Tackle at Whaplode. Last time picked up 5000 at a cost of £163/1000, but Ian thinks that they might be £165 now.

Can let you have their phone number if you want to contact them.

I used Power Blue 28g plas 7.5 today at the EJC reg. There were some long targets on today and I have to say the kills were excellent (when I pointed the gun in the right place). Smooth shooting, good value. No hesitation about using the rest of the stock I bought on any target. I haven't had a chance to pattern them, but suspect the pellet spread to be consistent and the overall pattern to be fairly tight.

Good shells!

Yes I was suprised how slow the f black 28 were, 1150 ish if I remember correctly however we put that many through I got lost :)
So what different shells did you try Ian? I am soon going to have to practice at cheddar and they only allow Hull and Fiocchi on practice days for some strange reason. So looks like it will have to move to Hull or Fiocchi.

Used the 28g 8s on compaq Wednesday for the first time and they proformed great.

Tried the fibre version at a shoot recently, I do try and avoid fibre shoots as a rule, because of the complex mathematical formula of _ fibre + back bored = missing lots. However I have to say they were very good and to be honest, I stopped worrying about them and shot really well, I have ordered ( and received) a slab of 9's to try in fibre, I really enjoy brocton shoot on a Wednesday, but avoid it as it is fibre only, I look forward to trying them next Wednesday.

So what different shells did you try Ian? I am soon going to have to practice at cheddar and they only allow Hull and Fiocchi on practice days for some strange reason. So looks like it will have to move to Hull or Fiocchi.
Didn't get to try many les as i could not source the ones i wanted. Power blue were very good but i only shot about 250. Good value cartridge but no good to you if you need hull or Fiocchi very strange rule ?

Yes I was suprised how slow the f black 28 were, 1150 ish if I remember correctly however we put that many through I got lost :)

A ground telling what shells to use???
Really?

A ground telling what shells to use???
Really?
Rediculous why would you use anything other than fiocchi ....? .

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Back