Podimore Selection shoot April 19/20

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:fie:  Does anyone know if the Avon sporting c/ship is still on to be held at Podimore this Sunday  (04/05/2014) with all the rumours going around?

What's the ACTUAL rationale behind selection shoots having much tougher targets than what you end up shooting the rest of the year ? It's not like lesser men can end up besting the big guys anyway is it ?!

They don't play snooker on bigger tables for the qualifiers do they, nor give skinny tyres to F1 racers for the quali, what's different in the set up of football matches running up to the last 32 left for the World Cup ? 

Can someone give any other sports examples where qualifiers are routinely made much tougher than the actual event itself ? 

I'm intrigued why some people think looooooong targets are needed to make people miss or that hitting extra long birds is somehow an indication that you're a better all round shot ? Isn't the end score what matters ?
I think your analogy may be flawed Hamster. Every year F1 adds further and further restrictions and requirements on cars, drivers and technology to keep only the cream of the crop on the grid. Qualifying for each F1 race is reduced to one or two very restricted laps with limits on tyres and fuel.

Attending a regular shoot where the top shots are participating is a bit like having the F1 drivers pitch up at a weekend saloon car track day. I reckon having the classes won with scores just above the cutoff points for each class means that the shoot was dead right.

Back