Podimore, 06.01.13

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teepee1234

So, arranged to meet a mate at Podimore at 1pm today to shoot 100 ESP registered.  The web-site shows shooting times as 10am to 2pm.  Never shot here before, so thought I'd try a new ground.

Set out just after 11.00, arrived there just after 12.30.  Wandered into the clubhouse (first thought was that it was a little Heath Robinson, but let's reserve judgement).

Ordered a coffee...and was asked if I was there to shoot...!?  When I say yes, I was told they weren't taking any more entries.  Imagine my surprise...!!  :huh:

When I asked why, I was told that they had run out of clays. 

"Pardon?", says I, sure that my ears were playing tricks on me.

"Sorry", they say, "we've run out of clays".

Now, I could sit here and ramble on about professionalism, organisation etc etc, but I shan't bother - let's face it, I've wasted enough of my valuable time already today, having just driven for 3 hours FOR NOTHING!!!!  :yell:

Saw big Mark J in the car park, had a chat and a moan, during which time he showed me his card - 10 stands of 10. 

Say no more, methinks.  Obviously an amateur, poorly organised outfit that should stick to straw-balers for the locals.

So, no matter what, I will definitely NEVER be going there again.

What a crock of sh*te!

That's terrible mate. Wonderful illustration of how a business has one chance to make a first impression. I won't mention that Westfield was a fantastic shoot, it would just frustrate you.. Oh, ooops!

This was my first registered at Podimore, I heard some of the comments made, it was a good turn out at what should have been a very good shoot, just how wrong it can go sometimes, however enough said I will however pass on my thanks to the kitchen staff and the scorers who did a grand job.  Let's hope the team can get it right for the next one.

This was my first registered at Podimore, I heard some of the comments made, it was a good turn out at what should have been a very good shoot, just how wrong it can go sometimes, however enough said I will however pass on my thanks to the kitchen staff and the scorers who did a grand job.  Let's hope the team can get it right for the next one.
Hmmm.. Don't think Teepee will be at the next one. I have done 400 reg shoots and never seen clays run out. Unforgivable.

i have shot Podimore a few times and find it a very friendly and enjoyable place to shoot.

today was unfortunate me and my mate were actually the last people to be allowed to sign on.

i believe the reason to be after talking to them is that at the last registered shoot the turn out was so low that they actually had over double there by the time we signed on.

i overheard them talking about trying to borrow some from southern counties but deciding that would take at least an hour and 30 minutes it would be impractical..also after my experiences at southern counties unlikely.

they also discussed closing the pool shoot to free up more clay's but this would have been unfair on the people already entered.

i also believe that at another time of year the delivery would have been there before the weekend.

just a random unfortunate set of circumstances that came together to create a problem that was obviously disappointing for some.

as for the comment "unforgivable" i think that's over the top...guess they have never had problems that affected anyone else.

i think you will find they were as disappointed as anyone who missed out.

anyway that's what i overheard and was told...i think i would give them a second chance sometime as i have been there before and never had a bad day.

maybe i'm just happy because i had a good day and shot well...but posetivity beats negativity anyday

Best Regards to all

Mark

Gutted for ya Tony mate , long drive for nowt . Roll on next weekend ( Wylye won't run out of clays bud ) ;)

How can any registered shoot run out of clays???Be prepared !!

Sorry to hear that tony  thats bad management all round dont care what anyone says on here we all travel miles too shoot and enjoy our sport and if there is any chance a club can not run the times stated because they dont have clays or might not have enough dont open ! Y sucks! wylye next week sniper chin up ;)

Have shot here before and had very good experience, in fact recommnded it for today to others. I too travelled 1.30hr and to say it was not unforgivible??? I would not have been happy.Call it what u like, With todays prices clay shooters will vote with their feet and to run out of clays will prob spread like wild fire around the circuit. Double enteries a bit of a red herring? This is from my undrstanding a full time pro ground and not a straw baler. Ooops going to dent the rep me thinks

You have one chance to make a first impression.  They failed miserably.  More people turned up than expected??  So you don't have a contingency for a busy day??  Rank amateurs.  If they offered to pay ME to shoot there, I still wouldn't go.

Anyway, what about the 10 stands of 10?  That's a pathetic effort too.

Harrumph!  :yell:

I'll stick to the tried and tested grounds from now on.

Just to rub some salt in, there were still people finishing off their rounds at 4 oclock when I left westfield. Was getting dark and the carousels were still 3/4 full after close on 200 entries with non cpsa and re entries  ;)

Just to rub some salt in, there were still people finishing off their rounds at 4 oclock when I left westfield. Was getting dark and the carousels were still 3/4 full after close on 200 entries with non cpsa and re entries  ;)
Thanks Fuz, I feel so much better!   :p

Don't you just hate sunday afternoon drivers :)

You will be so wild with it i think us C class shooters will have no chance next week at Wylye.

You'll have even more chance cos I'm going to N/hampton to have a biff at the allround :) I'm B class at that dontcha know :D

Back