Physio's

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know you won't like this, but I've also had Cortisone in it twice, this just seams to move it slightly and the actual bone is a bit sore to touch at moment, any experience of this? http://www.tirovesti.co.uk/
hi Jake, this could be due to bony bruising if the needle hit the bone or just soft tissue bruising.
Latest research suggests unfavourable results from cortisone injections in the longer term for TE/GE. The research suggest that the injections are only a short term fix but do not address the problem, therefore if possible should be avoided. It did suggest that if a patient developed the pain but urgently had say write their doctoral thesis or other very important piece of work then an injection could temporarily relieve the pain but the study showed that patients treated with an injection were more likely to have a recurrence of the problem than those treated with physiotherapy.

I am planning on writing an article for this site re common conditions which affect shooters and TE/GE will be the first one I discuss...

I know you won't like this, but I've also had Cortisone in it twice, this just seams to move it slightly and the actual bone is a bit sore to touch at moment, any experience of this? http://www.tirovesti.co.uk/
one recent study suggested that at 12 months worse clinical outcomes were found in patients who had corticosteroid injections as opposed to those who received a placebo injection....

I know you won't like this, but I've also had Cortisone in it twice, this just seams to move it slightly and the actual bone is a bit sore to touch at moment, any experience of this? http://www.tirovesti.co.uk/one recent study suggested that at 12 months worse clinical outcomes were found in patients who had corticosteroid injections as opposed to those who received a placebo injection....
Interesting.

http://www.tirovesti.co.uk/

Seems my left elbow is a radial nerve issue, so the injection I had was a little pointless!

Seems my left elbow is a radial nerve issue, so the injection I had was a little pointless!
Matt, that's worse than something I would come out with. Even I groaned at that!!  :sarcastic:

Hope your problem get sorted soon, at least you can still lift a pint with the other arm!  :biggrin:

Sorry no pun intended!!

Nick that is what my Physio said, unfortunately I am moving jobs so won't be able to continue to use him, shame because he is excellent. Have you heard of shockwave or dry needling therapies?

Sorry no pun intended!!

Nick that is what my Physio said, unfortunately I am moving jobs so won't be able to continue to use him, shame because he is excellent. Have you heard of shockwave or dry needling therapies?
Worth travelling for a decent Physio, Matt.
I have heard of both..... limited strong evidence behind both though I'm afraid. Seems to 'work' for some but they are not sure why?....,

http://summaries.cochrane.org/CD003524/shock-wave-therapy-for-elbow-pain

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Nick, contemplating the dry needling to get on top of this radial nerve issue

Just damage to the radial nerve, he did go through a load of things but I cant remember it all now, it is a lot better now by occassionally flares up hence the dry needling to try and get on top of it, obviously if I managed to stop shooting for a couple of months it would help but that ain't happening!

Just damage to the radial nerve, he did go through a load of things but I cant remember it all now, it is a lot better now by occassionally flares up hence the dry needling to try and get on top of it, obviously if I managed to stop shooting for a couple of months it would help but that ain't happening!
fair enough. Hope you get it sorted.

Obviously, jumping up and down with excitement at football matches, is not a recognised form of physiotherapy.

Hi Nick, just a quick chat to pick your brains. Have just had a subacromial decompression operation on my right shoulder and wondered how long it would be before one could start shooting again. I know it takes quite a while for the shoulder to get up to full strength, having had the same op on the left also. The surgeon who operated on me was talking about 3 months. In your opinion is this right with your knowledge of shooting or should I give it a bit longer.

I have tried to get some info on this in relation to shooting however, there is not a lot out there!!!

Hi Nick, just a quick chat to pick your brains. Have just had a subacromial decompression operation on my right shoulder and wondered how long it would be before one could start shooting again. I know it takes quite a while for the shoulder to get up to full strength, having had the same op on the left also. The surgeon who operated on me was talking about 3 months. In your opinion is this right with your knowledge of shooting or should I give it a bit longer.

I have tried to get some info on this in relation to shooting however, there is not a lot out there!!!
Hi FSB,

Difficult to give advice on this one I'm afraid as I don't have the exact details of your opprevious problem or any other info regarding you. If your surgeon has said 3 months, then I'd go with his advice. You should be getting some physio post surgery, so would defo be worth asking the question to them also. Generally, 3 months post surgery you can start to do repetitive overhead activities (lifting a gun) but I guess it all depends on how well you healpain etc.

Sorry I can't be of more help but be guided by your physiosurgeon.

nick

Hi Nick

Thanks for the reply. Have already been practicing my gun mount without to much of a problem apart from a bit of weakness.

Will be chomping at the bit after 3 months. However, will start off with a light load and see how thinks go.

Nige

Hi Nick

Thanks for the reply. Have already been practicing my gun mount without to much of a problem apart from a bit of weakness.

Will be chomping at the bit after 3 months. However, will start off with a light load and see how thinks go.

Nige
Hi Nige,

Good luck with it. Hope the rehab goes well and you are out shooting soon.

Nick

Latest posts

Back