Pet Likes!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An old gun, very old, bearing the myriad small honourable scars of almost several lifetimes' use. Chequering beginning to wear, browning on the damascus barrels just beginning to get a little thin, bores still spotless, no pits, no dents, opening smoothly with a gentle click as it cocks.

Closes with a dull click, still on the face after all those shots, no sign of a shake or a rattle. Smooth safety, risp and light triggers, still brings them down from on high. Sounds better than steel barrels, utterly comfortable on crook of arm or at shoulder.

Love that gun. That's the one in my avatar. 1892, still going very strong. Still with bores measuring the same as they did when it was last proofed in 1979.

Project your loving thoughts onto that gun, it's in for a tumbler peg replacement.

I love:

The smell of spent shells in the air

The smell of gun oil

The sound of the zip on my Gunslip

Being out in the countryside and not in a brick box

Ending on a higher score than I realised

Hitting those sometimes elusive targets

Hitting clays that used to be card wreckers

The bacon butty

The pub afterwards 

Looking forward to my next shoot. 

I'll tell mine in pictures... 

scc2014_140.jpg

scc2014_144.jpg

oh oh I forgot......... 

I LOOOOVE that lovely satisfyingly soft mechanical clunk my beautiful Guerini makes when I close it.  

Plastering a low 45 degree left /right OT target, as a right handed shooter it is the most satisfying thing a trap shooter can do with one shot! Now you see it now you don't its great for me no other shot gives the same buzz :)
Same pulverizing left to right at OT speed  is a hell of a buzz puts a good smile on my face. :girlcrazy:

I love

just being out shooting clays

seeing Mrs Bryn dust a new clay first go

meeting the very many genuinely nice people that go shooting

training and working my Springer Bryn (avatar)

figuring out how and then breaking a new clay presentation

the challenge of putting all the bits and pieces in place to take my shooting where I want to go

seeing someone have a straight round at skeet (one day) or straight a stand at sporting (especially if its me)

Aside from shooting to my potential, I love shooting when it's crisp, dry and cold yet you're totally toasty with thermals on and hand warmers in your pockets.

I love all of the help and support my wife has received and continues to receive from shooters and ground owners alike. The smile on her face makes it all worthwhile. I am really looking forward to the day she beats me.

I also like to donate spare equipment and a few shells here and there to juniors, just to see their face and hear them say thank you.

Its the little things in life that make the biggest difference.

I just love all of the informative advice and the warm, reassuring and helpful comments that are so swiftly added.......................................................................SORRY......wrong Forum, should have been P.W. 

Turning up in fancy dress, and making people laugh / smile :)

Meeting new people and having a good chat :)

I may not be the worlds best shot, but always try to listen to what people tell me,

It may not be right, but it could be the nugget i'm looking for

:santa: x

I love everything about shooting - the smell of spent cartridges, watching clays break, that feeling when you driv[SIZE=14.6666669845581px]e into that days ground on a crisp cloudless morning (or a hot one!) and you're up for it, the whole learning curve, the bacon butty, nice cups of tea on cold days after the shoot, cleaning the gun and re-oiling the woodwork and the list goes on.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6666669845581px]Then you've got things like doing 155 down the autobahn on an Exup, fine malts, greyhounds..............[/SIZE]

Clay shooting is a great sociable hobby, gets you outside, you can get a 'fix' in 30 minutes with a few bits of equipment that fit in the boot of the car. You meet a whole bunch of interesting people.

But my first love is gliding, or rather soaring.

Not my photos but you get the idea!

post-2499-0-74723200-1414268496.jpg

post-2499-0-16555400-1414268522.jpg

post-2499-0-91249500-1414268564.jpg

post-2499-0-98711700-1414268591.jpg

post-2499-0-27203200-1414268618.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg