Over/Under first

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Annoyingly, there's a dude in the US who has exactly what I want but he simply will not post to the UK, and he seems to sell dozens of them! And it's a fraction of the cost over here which is putting me off buying, almost out of principal of it being ridiculous.

Ultimately, nice to get a matching pair so I don't have to think about owt, but I'm not gonna spend a lot cos I'm not particularly great so it's not gonna make a huge difference to my game, just a nicety if I can get them at a reasonable price. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Had (have) a fixed 1/4 & skeet choke MK38 Trap that has been multichoked (dont ask, they are truly stuck ) so when used one did flip barrells depending on targets, otherwise if choking is same ( one now has a P  at 3/8 in both) at most competitors level not seeing a disadvantage on which barrel first, I do though always carry two size of F3s 

Had (have) a fixed 1/4 & skeet choke MK38 Trap that has been multichoked (dont ask, they are truly stuck ) so when used one did flip barrells depending on targets, otherwise if choking is same ( one now has a P  at 3/8 in both) at most competitors level not seeing a disadvantage on which barrel first, I do though always carry two size of F3s 
Ditto, except a K.  3/8th in both and some piston wad 9's in my pocket ready for targets on the end of the gun.

Ditto, except a K.  3/8th in both and some piston wad 9's in my pocket ready for targets on the end of the gun.
Despite the performance of the “spreader loads” I still have been known to miss 1 or 2 end of barrell targets that  you feel a 6” bayonet would do for 🤪

Despite the performance of the “spreader loads” I still have been known to miss 1 or 2 end of barrell targets that  you feel a 6” bayonet would do for 🤪
To be honest, for really close stuff the difference they make in the size of the pattern probably isn't very much at all.  Consciously changing cartridge because something is close probably has as much (if not more) benefit psychologically as it does in pattern size.

Presumably standard, off the shelf over and unders have the open choke in the bottom barrel.

Should have said fixed choke (red face icon!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back