Nutty OT selection

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidney

So who's going? I was having to give this a miss, but a last minute change of plan due to being offered a good price for one of my kidneys means I'm doing the Saturday selection! Is the weather going to hold out, or are we going to get the legendary Nuthampstead 'four seasons in one day'?

I'm going. Nuthampstead 4 seasons in one day is better than Southern Counties 4 seasons in a day !  :fie:

Sunday, Saturday! Make up your bloody mind Sid!!

Trying to make Sunday at present but not hopeful. Under the thumb or what?

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 'walking' a fine line, being very careful not to cross into the 'your really taking the piss now ' territory. So yes.... Under the thumb!

I've been at nutty when it's felt like June in the morning, shooting in T shirts, then afternoon it felt like November, shooting in a big coat.Amazing how quickly it can change.

I'll be shooting on Sunday. The weather forecast is pretty reasonable for a change this weekend.

Sid you'll be pleased to hear the long awaited clays arrived at Nutty this morning at 08.00 ready for the weekend.

I'm 'walking' a fine line, being very careful not to cross into the 'your really taking the piss now ' territory. So yes.... Under the thumb!
I was referring to me being 'under the thumb' but hey, if the cap fits you as well, wear it with pride buddy :)

DT

Sadly I cannot make it due to family commitment but good luck to you all hope you have a great shoot.

I expect a full report of the shoot incl practice day, target quality weather etc

I scored a mediocre 80 on Saturday and another 80 on Sunday. Learnt a big lesson about lens colours during my last round late on Sunday afternoon. Only hit 4 out of my first ten birds out, absolutely puzzled as to what the problem was so I took my lens off (I use Pillas with prescription inserts) then shot the rest of the round all top quality first barrel kills. This game is so frustrating at times, but we all keep coming back for more! Weird feeling after that round because having missed so many so early I never felt so good about shooting a 19 in the end !

This is the problem with stupid rule of glasses, lens choice is critical. In the good old days your eyes just coped with whatever. Imo no lens is better than naked eye which is why i use virtually clear.

Ps

i have messed about with various colours at various grounds with various light conditions and have concluded that apart from very very occasionally whatever you put on will be wrong half way through the line due to stupid UK weather / light. Its something else to mess with your head and something else to think about and blame (talking generally not aimed at jay) seen many people take glasses off because they could not pick the target up and then shot better, never seen anyone shoot without and have a problem !

Come on Jake, name and shame the offending lens colour!

DT
It was a Pilla 44N (Purple). I'll be wearing them without the lens covers and just the prescription lenses from now on. Best to rely on the old Mark 1 Eyeball .

Scores are on bictsf website in the rankings.

What happened there then?

Not the usual level of scores we expect at Nutty.

Latest posts

Back