Non Shooters Attitudes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sure that there would have been many more spectators at the shooting at both the Olympic and Commonwealth Games, except for the dire lack of available tickets. I also believe that far more people would have watched both events on their TV's if only someone had the balls to show it, other than via a damned computer. Whilst we have Television Companies that are so Politically Correct and let's face it, shooting in this Country is always going to be a dirty word, then we are fighting a losing battle. It was a very well kept secret that the Olympic Games shooting ranges were going to be demolished and at what cost, (and who gave a damn), but most of the other sports all benefitted in one way or another. The only time that shooting takes centre stage is when there is some kind of tragedy attached to it and that is not going to alter in the near future I am afraid, regardless of any intervention from our Associations.

Shame Red bull won't sponsor a few shoots! Someone once told me they did but can't find any reference to it?

Shame Red bull won't sponsor a few shoots! Someone once told me they did but can't find any reference to it?
If we ever meet - ask me about that... I've spoken to them recently, and the conversation was brilliant (and baffling). 

If we ever meet - ask me about that... I've spoken to them recently, and the conversation was brilliant (and baffling). 
Oh......?????  Brilliant AND baffling Matt? Oh come on spill the beans, you know you want to!!!!

Back to the OP.

just heard on 6 o'clock news another shotgun related shooting in a house in North London.

Here we go again.

Last edited by a moderator:
come on..we know the government always thinks things out sensibly.

they banned handguns and tens of thousands ended up in the hands of criminals.

so if they ban shotguns it will be hundreds of thousands.

isn't that whats supposed to happen for safety and security?

they banned handguns and tens of thousands ended up in the hands of criminals.
Where did you get that information from?

Cos I reckon its a load of cobblers!

Criminals get their guns from Europe, Asia and Africa.

There have been plenty of wars and loads of war trophies available!

The pistols handed in were destroyed apart from anything that was worth keeping but unsure of the criteria for what was kept.

Robert, you are correct, more or less,, it`s a big unknown quantity as far as illegal guns are concerned. there was an `amnesty` in SA, well,, a few amnesties !  ,they were popular with the police, as legal and illegal guns of all types were handed in for destruction, and most were resold by the cops there,, for pocket  money,! that is a true story !!

however,,,

it is also reputed that the UK has upwards of 200,000 illegal guns,,,some put it at 4 million !!!! maybe not I think,,, but I did say an unknown quantity, :blind:  if you bingle/bingle  `how many illegal guns in UK,, quite a lot of stories,

not the original  question of the OP, but relevant I feel !

Where did you get that information from?

Cos I reckon its a load of cobblers!

Criminals get their guns from Europe, Asia and Africa.

There have been plenty of wars and loads of war trophies available!

The pistols handed in were destroyed apart from anything that was worth keeping but unsure of the criteria for what was kept.
many were "lost" i can remember being offered one in a pub at the time.where before people simply possessed it without a certificate they then panicked and disposed of them otherwise when they became illegal outright.

i think you would be surprised what you could do with a few hundred quid and a little time in the rougher pubs.

you are right mostly but to believe that all guns were handed in at the amnesty is in the realms of fantasy and 10,000 was probably only few percent of the total.

Back