Non Shooters Attitudes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
post-1726-0-55010900-1414765681.jpg

Ips, this may change your mind.

:biggrin:   :biggrin:

Attachments

• p_85_Golf_8.jpg
    p_85_Golf_8.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 0
I tried it a few times but hated it. Some observations I made about the "Hobby" called golf.Its full of ten bob millionaires who think that spending 2k a year to whack a ball about a field is a lot of money.The game itself is the most frustrating thing ever as whichever bat you use the ball thing does not go were you want it too.The golf fashion is absolutely hideous.It ruins an otherwise good walk.It cannot be good for bad backs.Golf clubs well were do I start, "ooh look at me in my horrible pringle cardi, I am a member of thingiemajig golf club were the captain get his own parking space (ooh wow highly impressive) and he has his very own chair that no one else can use on pain of death (again ooh wow highly impressive) this is the mens lounge women are not allowed they have there own little room (I don't know about you lot but a night at a bar with no women just men dressed in horrible coloured cardigans and poofy coloured trousres does not float my boat maybe its a homo thing they got going on)I would not play the stupid game again if you paid me.I would not join a golf club either in fact I don't even want to talk about the stupid thing.Rant over, carry on.
Don't hold back Ian. Give them both barrels. Just say it like it is.

It has been said on various occasions by various people that I am opinionated. I have no idea why.

I have some friends who play sticks and balls, at a local club

1.5k joining fee, and then 1K pa, membership,   + green fees every time they walk round.

all you hear i play off x or he plays off y, 

one club near me has just opened a crazy golf  course.... £9 per round!!!

:santa:

I have some friends who play sticks and balls, at a local club

1.5k joining fee, and then 1K pa, membership,   + green fees every time they walk round.

all you hear i play off x or he plays off y, 

one club near me has just opened a crazy golf  course.... £9 per round!!!
have they got a windmill, if so, i can see the light saber coming out again

banned from the north pole, perish the thought

Its full of ten bob millionaires who think that spending 2k a year to whack a ball about a field is a lot of money.
The game itself is the most frustrating thing ever as whichever bat you use the ball thing does not go were you want it too.
The golf fashion is absolutely hideous.
It ruins an otherwise good walk.
It cannot be good for bad backs.
Golf clubs well were do I start, "ooh look at me in my horrible pringle cardi, I am a member of thingiemajig golf club were the captain get his own parking space (ooh wow highly impressive) and he has his very own chair that no one else can use on pain of death (again ooh wow highly impressive) this is the mens lounge women are not allowed they have there own little room (I don't know about you lot but a night at a bar with no women just men dressed in horrible coloured cardigans and poofy coloured trousres does not float my boat maybe its a homo thing they got going on)
I would not play the stupid game again if you paid me.
I would not join a golf club either in fact I don't even want to talk about the stupid thing.

Rant over, carry on.
not quite Ian, 30-40 ex footie and rugby players, all competitive, scratch-20 h/caps, enjoying the competition, then into the bar, a good catch up , and pisstake! Handing out all the side bets!! And a good session to round the Saturday off!! Which you don't get very often in clayshooting!!! Everyone to their own!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed mac lad.

Just for fun you understand.

We're you been not heard from you for a while ?

I remember reading somewhere more people shoot, than play golf in this country! The problem is criminals don't hold up banks etc with golf clubs! As usual it's the minority that spoil for the majority, causing gun phobia!
Nope!!! More golfers than shooters by a looooonnnng shot!!! (Pardon the two way pun!!!) Criminals don't tend to hold up banks ect with legally held firearms either!!! Golf is the worlds largest participation sport...if I didn't shoot clays I'd be a member of a golf club too!!!

angling has quite a big following as well  load of lads where i work fish

sometimes all day and night, some go to france every year

which is a long way to go to drown a maggot

i prefer fish with batter on, salt and vinegar a few chips and mushy peas

haha....bubble bath later.

Let's compare golf to clay shooting a little...the Ryder cup had 40,000+ spectators at it each day to watch the best of Europe take on the best of the USA, world wide TV audience, for a sport that almost anyone can play, where the winner could be a teenage wonder or an old Veteran, where the elite Women are very close to the top men in ability, but play against all the other ladies for prizes, the top golfers make difficult shots look easy...consistently, catching the flight of a golf ball on TV sounds impossible...but they do it, watching golf on TV sounds boaring...but millions watch!!!

Take the 'World Sporting', the best of Europe (just not all in one team together) take on team USA, few suporters following them round, TV coverage in its infancy, a sport that almost anyone can play, the winner could (almost) be a teenage wonder or an old veteran, where the elite Women are very close to the top men in ability, but play against all the other ladies for prizes, the top clay shooters make difficult shots look easy...consistently, catching the flight of a clay pidgeon on TV sounds impossible...but guys like Phil Coley are working on it, watching clay shooting on TV sounds boaring...but look at golf!!! :)

I do both the best thing about golf is all the side bets and associated fluffy rabbits as Macc Ladd pointed out.

The best thing about clay shooting is that don't have to look for the clay after you've missed it.

Back