Non Shooters Attitudes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you know everyone using this Forum has to be mentally vetted.

Joking aside.

The government make millions from shooting.

There will always be narrow minded attitudes.

May be we could find you a bird on here that shoots.
I remember reading somewhere more people shoot, than play golf in this country! The problem is criminals don't hold up banks etc with golf clubs! As usual it's the minority that spoil for the majority, causing gun phobia!

No way is there more shoot than play golf ball. I do not accept this, not that it matters just saying that's all.

I remember reading somewhere more people shoot, than play golf in this country! The problem is criminals don't hold up banks etc with golf clubs! As usual it's the minority that spoil for the majority, causing gun phobia!
I doubt that... There are approximately 4 million golfers in the UK, way more than there are shooters.

I tried it a few times but hated it. Some observations I made about the "Hobby" called golf.

Its full of ten bob millionaires who think that spending 2k a year to whack a ball about a field is a lot of money.

The game itself is the most frustrating thing ever as whichever bat you use the ball thing does not go were you want it too.

The golf fashion is absolutely hideous.

It ruins an otherwise good walk.

It cannot be good for bad backs.

Golf clubs well were do I start, "ooh look at me in my horrible pringle cardi, I am a member of thingiemajig golf club were the captain get his own parking space (ooh wow highly impressive) and he has his very own chair that no one else can use on pain of death (again ooh wow highly impressive) this is the mens lounge women are not allowed they have there own little room (I don't know about you lot but a night at a bar with no women just men dressed in horrible coloured cardigans and poofy coloured trousres does not float my boat maybe its a homo thing they got going on)

I would not play the stupid game again if you paid me.

I would not join a golf club either in fact I don't even want to talk about the stupid thing.

Rant over, carry on.

I tried it a few times but hated it. Some observations I made about the "Hobby" called golf.

Its full of ten bob millionaires who think that spending 2k a year to whack a ball about a field is a lot of money.

The game itself is the most frustrating thing ever as whichever bat you use the ball thing does not go were you want it too.

The golf fashion is absolutely hideous.

It ruins an otherwise good walk.

It cannot be good for bad backs.

Golf clubs well were do I start, "ooh look at me in my horrible pringle cardi, I am a member of thingiemajig golf club were the captain get his own parking space (ooh wow highly impressive) and he has his very own chair that no one else can use on pain of death (again ooh wow highly impressive) this is the mens lounge women are not allowed they have there own little room (I don't know about you lot but a night at a bar with no women just men dressed in horrible coloured cardigans and poofy coloured trousres does not float my boat maybe its a homo thing they got going on)

I would not play the stupid game again if you paid me.

I would not join a golf club either in fact I don't even want to talk about the stupid thing.

Rant over, carry on.
So is Golf on your list or not????   :spiteful:

To clarify yes golf is on the list and only marginally lower than chav ball

I've never noticed any animosity towards me or shooting, but I wouldn't give a stuff if there was.  :biggrin:

Exactly mate and none of us see the point in maroon.

To clarify yes golf is on the list and only marginally lower than chav ball
I knew it!!!!! It simply HAD to be there somewhere!!!! As far as shooting is concerned, I really cannot see that chav suits or components thereof, can do the image of shooting very much good at all. I see those pics of various shooters and/or teams standing on podiums wearing the chav suits and it makes me cringe! OK maybe I'm a bit old fashioned, but sod it, that's the way I am!!! Such attire is so 80's and naff. Rant over.....I will get my coat....... :spiteful:

the few times i,ve played golf i could never get the ball through the windmill

the last time i got  so frustrated i got my light saber out and destroyed it

i,m now barred from all crazy golf courses in the skeg vegas area :haha:

Guys, gals, like so much in life, it's all about context. I play a lot less golf now than I used to, and I don't own anything made by Pringle, or belong to a golf club. My introductuon to clay shooting was made as follows: "Richard, you've got to try this. Rather than walk through a field and smash the living daylights out of a stupid plastic ball, you walk round a wood AND a field, and shoot the heck out of a small clay disc. Your score will be just as rubbish, but it's as much fun."
Now then, shooting is indeed fun, but you can't intersperse the brief moments of activity with a gin and tonic as you go between stands like you can between shots on a golf course (please note I don't drive drunk round a course, I get the caddy to drive).
Just saying...

Used to play golf.

Then it dawned on you that it's utter rubbish and took up a proper sport that makes sense a sport were a bird is a bird and no one's bothered about what pa even means. Stupid pointless hobby.

And rest........

Back