Noise complainers

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Item on Radio 4 right now discussing exactly this issue. Mostly about live music venues

Precedent should mean something, 'Agent of change' campaign. Worth signing the petition to add some weight.

https://www.change.org/p/sajid-javid-mp-adopt-the-agent-of-change-principle

About time we had an outbreak of common sense!

The Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport Sajid Javid MP supports this initiative

Last edited by a moderator:
A point about newcomers complaining about noise is that they are often then joined by existing locals, who up until then, have tolerated the noise or hardly noticed it. They then jump on the bandwagon.

Mallory Park circuit almost closed because of the newcomer syndrome yet Brands Hatch seems to have fostered a good working relationship with their neighbouring housing estate.

Many years ago a shooting ground near here had a noise complaint from a newcomer and noise measurements were taken by the local Environmental office which proved to be in favour of the shooting ground.

The newcomer continued to complain so a test day was set up whereby the complainant would listen out for the 'shooting noise' from a certain time on a certain day.

No shooting actually took place but the complainant said that they had heard shots !!

Their complaint was rejected and nothing more was said .

Vic.

Done, seems a shame that so many people are ignorant to their surroundings.

Unsure on the truth of this story, but it's what I've been told. At my local gun club, a large group of travellers have bought the surrounding fields, and you have to drive through their land to get to the shoot. I've heard people of having eggs thrown at cars and being threatened for going to their local shoot. And that's ignoring the number of noise complaimts that they have put in. Again I'm unsure on the truth so take it with a pinch of salt!

See this has been thrown out.

So anyone can move next door to a noisy established venue and basically close it down.

Last edited by a moderator:
as per usual, what appears as common sense and `live and let live` seem to not exist anymore. as you say schmokin, not worth the effort of responding.

Latest posts

Back