News Monkey

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotshot100

Why does News Monkey ask questions when it is not possible to post an answer?

The answer to the question 'Killed or lost' is that when a shooter second barrels the first target of a pair it should be called 'Hit and Miss' as you are marking the target not the shot that broke it.

CPSA rules are that the word killed should no longer be used.

It has picked it out from the clay shooting section of pigeonwatch, should you wish you can answer over there, but I believe its more for info from PW, CPSA, CA etc than debate :)

Correct - the monkey is just a news service so that we don't forget there is a world outside ShootClay.

Is there??? I'm going to explore................ Nope I'm back its dark and scary out there  :crazy:

CPSA rules are that the word killed should no longer be used.

and they tell use not to call a target a bird. Nobody listens to that either!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ruddy ell, pc madness.

So on that basis one assumes that a name change will follow to ctsa as its a target not a pigeon !

They are trying to move us away from being associated with "live" shooting, for the purpose of Joe Public.

However, having "Pigeon" in the name of the association, kinda makes it all pointless.

I believe it was suggested to change the name to the CTSA, replacing "Pigeon" with "Target"...but they didn't like that idea at the time.

Correct they did propose it quite a few years ago and IMO its a good idea as clay pigeon sounds ridiculous anyway.

Ruddy ell, pc madness.

So on that basis one assumes that a name change will follow to ctsa as its a target not a pigeon !
If you read the new articles that's exactly what they have in mind. The word target is used throughout the document with the exception of the heading which still uses CPSA purely because that is still the registered company name.

Well I think with the turmoil the cpsa is in , the WCTSA , SCTSA and the UCPSA should join forces and swallow the cpsa. Thus creating ONE governing body for the UK.

Well I think with the turmoil the cpsa is in , the WCTSA , SCTSA and the UCPSA should join forces and swallow the cpsa. Thus creating ONE governing body for the UK.
Again if you read the underlying theme in some parts of the new articles I believe that they are very much creating a situation where this could happen. I thought the SCTSA had gone bust so can't see them being involved if that's true.

The problem the CPSA faces is they have no mandate to change their name. I recall when it was put to the vote a few years ago something like 85% voted to keep 'pigeon'. They tell us, amongst other things, they exist to represent their members. Well, the members have spoken.

Personally, I prefer 'target' but if the CPSA intend to remain democratic, they'll be the CPSA until they are able to put it to the vote again and that won't be for years.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem the CPSA faces is they have no mandate to change their name. I recall when it was put to the vote a few years ago something like 85% voted to keep 'pigeon'. They tell us, amongst other things, they exist to represent their members. Well, the members have spoken.

Personally, I prefer 'target' but if the CPSA intend to remain democratic, they'll be the CPSA until they are able to put it to the vote again and that won't be for years.
Ah. But if you read the proposed new Articles they will have the mandate to do pretty much any thing they like without reference to the membership.

I don't know about other counties/regions but Kent have already told them that there is no way that they will accept them in their present form.

Must be well out of the loop these days, anyone point me in the direction of the rule that tells us not to use the word "killed" as in killed or lost, and also the rule over the use of clay instead of bird.

Must put my specs on and read more.

Angel.

I'm not sure there's a rule that says those words should not be used, although I could be wrong. If there is nobody pays any attention to it.

I am back in England, so look out.

Utter hog wash and rubbish, we ARE the Clay Pigeon Shooting Association, THEY did try and get a name change but were over ruled by the majority, the 'membership' .

Call out what you like but we will continue to call 'killed' & ' lost '.

It really is about time Nick Fellows and Co. got on with promoting clayshooting and instigating a schools education and training programme and a proper coaching scheme instead of paying lip service to politicians. Because at the moment despite four years in office he has done nothing to improve the standing of the CPSA in the public domain, it is about time he started being pro-active rather than submissive.   Remember, politicians are normal people who have lost their way.

If killing is a word that you hate to use, just call ' scored '  and 'lost' . But please don't spend any more money on wastage.

Correct they did propose it quite a few years ago and IMO its a good idea as clay pigeon sounds ridiculous anyway.
They aren't even made of clay either!!!!!! As for ABT, well they originally used glass balls with feathers in I think, but that really is before my time!!!!  :biggrin:

I am back in England, so look out.

Utter hog wash and rubbish, we ARE the Clay Pigeon Shooting Association, THEY did try and get a name change but were over ruled by the majority, the 'membership' .

Call out what you like but we will continue to call 'killed' & ' lost '.

It really is about time Nick Fellows and Co. got on with promoting clayshooting and instigating a schools education and training programme and a proper coaching scheme instead of paying lip service to politicians. Because at the moment despite four years in office he has done nothing to improve the standing of the CPSA in the public domain, it is about time he started being pro-active rather than submissive.   Remember, politicians are normal people who have lost their way.

If killing is a word that you hate to use, just call ' scored '  and 'lost' . But please don't spend any more money on wastage.
Welcome back Pete, it's been a bit quiet without you about mate! As for the CPSA, most of the non shooting public don't even know that it exists, so much for promoting the sport! Promotion of the sport seems no better now than it was 25 years ago as far as I can see, and I will bet that it won't change anytime soon Pete!!!

Les53,

It could so easily change if we educated the youngsters in schools, got them enthusiastic, and they hopefully would enlighten their parents, who in turn may take up the sport. But what real hope do we have when we have a Board who when asked a reasonable question about possible misappropriation of Association funds reply with the words "F**k off, it's none of your business".

I know it sounds like I am always having a pop at the Board and the CEO, but if they conducted themselves correctly and didn't do their laundry in public, I wouldn't have anything to complain about.

We ARE the Clay Pigeon Shooting Association and we should be proud of it and promote the sport. What other sport is there that a lady can compete on equal terms with a gentleman or child. What other sport can you be squadded with the current World Champion or multiple World Champion and receive first hand coaching and advice with a smile and for free.

We are so lucky, let us protect and promote our sport. We can and at no cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back