newbie from lancs

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazze71

Hi Guys,

I am just taking up clay shooting again at the ripe old age of 44  :oops: .

i used to shoot  a few times a month years ago in hadfield near buxton, will probably be doing most of my shooting at manchester clay shooting and getting some tuition along the way.

Just in the process of applying for my shotgun licence, and will be purchasing my first gun in the hopefully not too distant future.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated regarding any questions i have in the future and i look forward to enjoying this fantastic sport in the years to come.

welcome aboard. There are a few of us northerners on here.

which part of lancs are you and is it just sporting your into.

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome aboard. There are a few of us northerners on here.

which part of lancs are you and is it just sporting your into.
thanks guys, i am from ramsbottom bury, at the moment just sporting and maybe looking to dtl also at some stage in the future

hi

should be plenty of clubs to go too within an hour drive. North wales shooting school at Chester might be worth a look,

if you want small friendly informal sporting dtl abt may I suggest dolphin shooting club longton nr Preston, that Imo would be ideal for you. Nice bunch of guys and gals

kellbrook is of course the closest to you I would think, good little gun shop too, mike or Aaron will be able to sort you out with a suitable gun. And one of the best full English breakfast you will ever have. Warm clothes required though as its a bit chilly up there. Westley on here shoots there sometimes I think and I am sure he would give you some pointers.

Cool, much appreciated all this info its a learning curve for me and all the help is great, haha i love a good brekkie, might just have to go up there for a mooch and the brekkie first :) :oops:

no problem mate. Nice place stunning views and defo worth a trip.

Latest posts

Back