New NSSA Skeet ground.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skeetfreak

With the loss of Lakenheath it nice to have some positive news for NSSA skeet in the UK.

There is a ground that has just gained status for NSSA registered skeet in Rugby. Just off junction 1 M6 or Junction 20 M1. Plus easy access from the A45 / A46 with the new Rugby relief road running practically straight past the club.

They only have a single layout but the background is clear blue sky behind both the high and low house. They use black clays - take a look at the website.

They are holding there first event on the 1st February 2014.

The intention is to hold registered events on the following dates. They will ALL be any gauge events - although if there is demand a Doubles squad can be arranged i am sure. Plus if proves popular i am certain that "mini" 4 gauge events can be arranged over a single day. Just needs to shooters to tell the ground what they would prefer to shoot.

Saturday - 1st Feb

Saturday - 1st March

Saturday - 29th March

Saturday - 3rd May

Saturday - 7th June

Saturday - 19th July

Saturday - 16th August

Saturday - 6th September

Saturday - 4th October

Saturday - 25th October.

Prices will be two tier.:-

Cosford Club Members - £30 (per 100)

Cosford Non Members - £34 (per 100)

The above prices include all fee's to BSSA and NSSA.

There is only 3 squads planned so far 11am, 12:45pm, 2:30pm and there will be 5 shooters per squad.

I am helping them out by taking bookings / submitting shoot reports so if anyone is interested then contact me via PM to book on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to see another NSSA ground however the website says fibre wad only. Is this the case?

If so it's a shame as it will deter quite a few.

For the skeet layout ONLY you can use plastic.

However the rest of the ground is fibrewad for the sporting, compact, DTL etc.

The 1st Feb shoot is now fully booked - I am taking reserves in case anyone drops out.

OR,

I can start taking bookings for the March 1st Shoot.

I will be there to watch as it is 5 mins from my house to cosford. Hope to pick up some tips from the skeet boys.

Be good to watch there are some very good skeet shooters booked on. Multiple England shooters (past and present) and quite a few people who have run 100 straights. 

If it interests you and you fancy having a go the following month then NSSA runs a FREE first years membership scheme. You would just need to give me your details and we can process this ready for the 1st March shoot and get you booked on.

Ask at the ground on the day for me (Greg) and i will help you out if i can. Just bear in mind i maybe shooting at some point so slightly distracted.

The ground have also secured a very good referee for the day..... Ryan Nutchey who has experience working on big shoots such as the English and British Opens, European Open NSSA etc.

Fingers crossed they get good weather and it goes without a hitch. Great opportunity for skeet shooters to shoot NSSA on a saturday in the midlands. Plus like you on my doorstep so easy to attend.

Hiya Joe,

As per the original post

They are starting slowly and only starting with three squads through a single layout. Allowing 1hr 45mins per 5 man squad. As the ground is only open for shooting 11am till 4pm at the minute no point in jumping in at the deep end and making a mess of it. Better to start slowly and get it right.

thank you for that long way to come for three sqds but the best of luck to them 

Due to the success of this so far the ground owner has added some extra dates for "speciality" events such as Doubles or 4 x 50 in an effort to offer something that is not readily available on the UK NSSA scene. The FULL calendar is now listed below

Saturday - 1st Feb

Saturday - 1st March

Saturday - 29th March

Saturday 5th April - clashed with BSSA Ironman

Saturday 26th April - Doubles

Saturday - 3rd May

Saturday - 24th May - 4 x 50 (10 shooters max)

Saturday - 7th June

Saturday - 28th June - Doubles

Saturday - 5th July - 4 x 50 (10 shooters max)

Saturday - 19th July

Saturday - 16th August

Saturday - 23rd August - 4 x 50 (10 shooters max) - Clashes with the Marsh Smugglers Shoot

Saturday - 6th September

Saturday - 27th September - Doubles

Saturday - 4th October

Saturday - 25th October.

If anyone wants to book on then drop me a PM and i will sort where possible. I operate a full FIRST COME FIRST SERVED basis. I can also sort a complimentary NSSA membership till the 31st October if you have not been a NSSA member before.

Back