New Member / Old School

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Synoptic_12

Hello,

I just joined the forum this 19th day of August 2019. Even though there seem not to be any introductory headings, I will provide a brief synopsis here. Basically, I'm seeking to gain some technical knowledge relating to doubles, namely side by side or even o/u's would suffice. My knowledge is somewhat limited in the area of shotguns as I am looking to purchase a side by side. i believe that this is the appropriate forum to inquire of such.

I have a few questions I'd like to pose:

A.) At what distances should convergence be and what P.O.I. should be within the required specifications?

B.) Would the above be contingent upon the gauge?

C.) Are 'scaled' down frames (such as F.A.I.R.) considered to be a positive or negative, in terms of recoil or anything else?

Actually, I have enclosed a picture of the item I possibly wish to purchase. All information regarding the Iside line or the quality thereof is useful to me.

I believe that the English, along with the Italians make the finest shotguns in the world. If any could provide any insight to the aforesaid, it would be very much appreciated.

fair-iside-prestige-tartaruga-gold A.jpg

a) 30 yards is the range often mentioned for convergence to take place, in practice scatter gun characteristics make that a rather academic point.

b) no logical reason why it would.

c) aesthetically speaking scaled down versions are said to be preferable as they would clearly look more symmetrical. Logic says using a 20 gauge frame for a 28 should mean more weight which would translate to less recoil (all things being equal - or rather unequal) meaning you shouldn't compare the recoil of a 24g load fired in a 20 bore to the same load fired through a 28 bore, the ideal load for the latter is said to be 19-21g whereas the 20 is designed primarily to shoot 24g so beats me why people shoot 28g or more through them. 

If you can afford it buy a "true scale" small gauge, if not the cheaper versions will do just fine. 

Welcome to the forum.

Romans 7, stands out to me. PS where are you from?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back