Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lexikia

Hi, Just got back into shooting after a 22 year gap due to bringing kids up. Recently bought PCP airrifles and now re-applied for a SGC. Can't believe price, only 12 quid when i last applied, suppose with inflation 50 quid is not much different and it is for 5 years not 3 as previous. Looking for a Left Handed Shot gun in 12g, O/U preffered. Only seen one so far at Euroguns in Doncaster, a Browning for £1350 approx.If any one knows of something similar, i would be grateful if you could let me know.Any info on choosing a new Shotgun would also be appreciated, must have changed a bit since my last purchase. Chromed barrels? What's that all about?Regards Mark  [ lexikia are my dogs - Bulldog and French Bulldog ]

Hi Mark and welcome to the site. How things have changed you are dead right. Wait till you price up cartridges. :-(

Welcome aboard Mark - hope you enjoy your stay on ShootClay - any questions, please let me know.

Hello and welcome Mark. As said, wait until you see cartrridge prices! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-yell.gif

hanks everone. Looked at Euo gun cartridge prices, range from £3.50 to £6.00 per box of 25 Remember buying them off the shelf at Suggs in Sheffield for £4 a box 22 years ago. What are best type for clay shooting?

Welcome to the site :)  Cartridge wise.... that's like a hornets nest, whatever is cheap and works for you :)  Jon.

I'm a leftie - I found Premier Guns at Doveridge had the best selection of left handers to have a look at a few at a time (ended up with 3 on the table - not bad for a single shop). Derek Lee in Lincs also has a good selection of left handers in sometimes. Not sure exactly where you're from - they might be miles! Sorry.

Thanks for that Jon, i live in Sheffield, so not too far away. Local RFD in Sheffield were very arrogant when i last purchased a Shotgun, won't mention the name, even though it was 22 years ago, still put's me of going back. Didn't purchase from them at the time.Only problem with left handed is you pay a premium for them but they are not easy to sell on if you upgrade.Suppose not many left handed shooters in the 1.5 million Shotgun cert holders in the UK.Hoepfully will have my SGC soon and will start looking around, i am fortunate enough to have a job where i can drive around a fairbit. Mark

Welcome aboard,and like jonskeet says,cartridges is a bit of a hornets nest,ask 10 different people on here and you,ll likely get 10 different answers,though cheapest may well be popular, my preference are Eley olimpics,quite cheap and not to hard on the shoulder

Back