New gun.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure springs do wear but as an example I have never replaced the ejector springs in 3 x 682 series guns owned over thirty years and shot to buggery, neither have I ever replaced any of their firing pins, stuff broke/wore which I replaced but only detailed, expensive examination could have "arguably" predicted their failure which is surely an extra cost on top of the replacement parts themselves !

It's not like most of us fear a gun failure on the last pair of a British Open shoot off.  :lol: :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hammy a simple motorcycle valve spring functions more times in 5 minutes than many shotgun owners hammer or ejector springs does in several years... and they are never even inspected in a service! Darkside has missed the point or does not read posts properly. I said that inspection is what is required not preventive maintenance eg. changing springs simply because they are a certain age.

I said that inspection is what is required not preventive maintenance eg. changing springs simply because they are a certain age.
I agree with this.

A big part of what you've got to pay are labour costs.

For a fraction of this you can have the springs replaced during this inspection :wink:

Mine got it's first service after 12 years, but the next service will be much sooner.

So according to Alan Rhone's records the gun is six years old and has not been serviced.

Have you taken into account that the gun may not have been used much at all ? Possibly not shot 100 cartridges?

Why would it require servicing if it functions correctly ?
Thats why I won't be having it serviced for a while Pete. No need!

Please let us get back to sanity and reality.

Bigmac1,

Having seen your gun , it is my belief that your gun has done very little work, a service is likely to cost you £120+ plus spare parts as required , plus vat.

If for peace of mind that is what you wish to do , by all means do it , it is your gun and your money.

There is a well worn Australian phrase , " If it ain't broke , why fix it?"
So right Pete. Not werth spending money on something that's not needed. 

For goodness sake. It's no wonder folks are losing interest in this website. 

You're arguing over whether someone you don't know ought to have a gun you've never seen serviced. 

If they want to they will, if not, they won't. Let it go, grow up and move on.
Thanks Jan. I wish I hadn't started this. All those people arguing over my gun  :angel:

Guy called Matt comes in now and then to collect the membership fees, that's all. 
Hammy having looked at the records you have not paid for 2 years, your account may get closed :rolleyes:

I will pm you the account details to so you can get up to date with your subscription !

Last edited by a moderator:
Hammy a simple motorcycle valve spring functions more times in 5 minutes than many shotgun owners hammer or ejector springs does in several years... and they are never even inspected in a service! Darkside has missed the point or does not read posts properly. I said that inspection is what is required not preventive maintenance eg. changing springs simply because they are a certain age.
We have a tractor at work with 31,000 hours on the clock I wonder how many times those valve springs have operated?  I must change them tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back