New Grants

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in Central London, applied three months ago tomorrow - no news yet.

Should be simple, I've had a license up until 3 years ago when I gave it up for lack of use. No plans to store guns at home (too central for that) - chased after 2 months and was told 'there's a backlog we have no idea when'

mmm

I live in Central London, applied three months ago tomorrow - no news yet.

Should be simple, I've had a license up until 3 years ago when I gave it up for lack of use. No plans to store guns at home (too central for that) - chased after 2 months and was told 'there's a backlog we have no idea when'

mmm
Got an update - current Met position is 3-6 months from time of application, bit disappointing 

New guy here (Hi folks)

Some of the lead times do seem a bit long, even with COVID going on, but at least you're not in Gloucestershire where they're still refusing to even accept grant applications for SGC

New guy here (Hi folks)

Some of the lead times do seem a bit long, even with COVID going on, but at least you're not in Gloucestershire where they're still refusing to even accept grant applications for SGC
Most are currently... would imagine it will lift soon.

Welcome BTW! Hop onto the ‘Welcome’ forum to say ‘hello’ !

Applied for mine in December and I’m still in the initial checking stage, Durham is my Police force as well by the way. 

New guy here (Hi folks)

Cheshire exactly the same, they’ve even shut the phone lines down for the firearms team. Complete joke really.

According to the Herts police website, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire police not processing any new grants until we get to Stage 3 of the lockdown roadmap (17th May) , unless it's vital for your line of work. Anything that doesn't require a home visit is still being done. Email and answerphone is still being dealt with.

Back