Movement etiquette

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyosk

Just a quick question if you shooting on a less than full squad so have maybe at least one missing station next to you (right) is it ok to move to the next stand after shooting. As opposed to the usual waiting until the shooter to the right has shot. Also assuming they are not a leftie ?

Thanks

I was in exactly that position yesterday!... I waited until the next shooter had taken his shot as normal then moved up. It just did not feel right to do anything else

No john it doesnt matter if there is a gap or if there is onoy two of you, dont move until the shooter how ever far to your right has shot.

I would say wait (i'm a leftie) i shot a line today with just 2 of us on, trying to keep rhythm without rushing as there was only one bang between my birds....

No john it doesnt matter if there is a gap or if there is onoy two of you, dont move until the shooter how ever far to your right has shot.
+1

And then take 'your' time.....you have paid for it.

Yes its easy to fall into a trap on half a squad that trap is too rush, dont.

That's was my feeling it would not have been right to walk towards someone who was preparing to shoot. I would have complained if someone on the line walked toward me while I was getting ready to shoot.

That's was my feeling it would not have been right to walk towards someone who was preparing to shoot. I would have complained if someone on the line walked toward me while I was getting ready to shoot.
If you are focused....you would not see them....just saying :wink:

If you are focused....you would not see them....just saying :wink:

Get some blinders - make your world smaller and harder to intrude on.

Tho I did know one dude that couldn't use them - had the attention span of a butterfly and could hear a cricket chirp at 100yds.  Constantly twitching.  Was ahead of me on a squad one time and I nearly came to shooting him.  Prolly would've been happier with prisms so he could see behind.  How he ever broke a target I will never know. 

I think waiting is correct but the last time I did this the Olympic champion poked me in the ribs so I would move and he could get on my pad. I think in certain company it is accepted, especially in DT where shooters like to see a few pairs off there next pad.

http://www.tirovesti.co.uk/

What Mr wonko says blinker up man its the future, but remember there are even rules governing how big they can be and i know people who have had them measured during issf shoots.

What Mr wonko says blinker up man its the future, but remember there are even rules governing how big they can be and i know people who have had them measured during issf shoots.
Yes....but only in 'International ISSF shoots'.

Over here we have no rules on the subject.

Just like on the other hand.....we go against ISSF rules ......by forcing anyone in a registered ....to use glasses.

:laugh:

You could not make it up could you :laugh:

Latest posts

Back