misfire

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GavB

had three the other day all bottom barrel, just heard a click and their was a dent in the cartridge so assuming its the cartridge and not the gun.

question i have is how do you know its definately the cartridge and not the gun?

Try the cartridge in top barrel ,i bet it will fire,been happening to my lads gun for few months on bottom barrel and now top barrel,needed 2 new fireing pins. At first i thought it was hard primers on a certain shell so tried 2 other makes and was still happening

had three the other day all bottom barrel, just heard a click and their was a dent in the cartridge so assuming its the cartridge and not the gun.

question i have is how do you know its definitely the cartridge and not the gun?
Try a different cart or and as suggested, top barrel.

If turns out to be the gun, it could be that the bottom pin is "cruded up"y, to coin a phrase.

Inspect the tip of the pin to look for large chips.

Can be several things.

You could take the stock off and have a nose...

As long as you aren't taking the top lever out, pulling the hammer springs, once de cocked, is pretty easy, then you can check how freely they move and clean out the firing pins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Firing pin faults are pretty rare with Beretta 68 series guns. I'd check the cocking rods for free movement. If they haven't been oiled, or there's a build up of residue, they don't return to the rest position after cocking the hammers which means the fall of the hammer is impeded by having to push the rod back, resulting in.........light strikes.

Latest posts

Back