Miroku MK38

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fuzrat said:

Wise words when I'm on the shootin ground matey, but I do like to read about and guage other peoples opinions on wether these advances in technology do actually work or are just manufacturers gimmicks to sell more guns. Reading a book about the history of Churchill gunmakers at the mo and it was a general consensus that over and under guns were a gimmick back in the late 1800 to early 1900s/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif
Yep they are a gimmic mate, they'll never take off .

Recoil physics is powder weight, speed and ejecta weight. But felt recoil is something different. The little metal removed does not affect anything when forcing cones are lengthened. It makes for a softer transition of the ejecta. There is no lost pressure even with most overbore barrels as the plastic skirt of the wad expands until it seals against the barrel. This is not true with fiber fillers! I have had several English SxS and a friends Browning SxS that we lengthened the cones. They were a much more pleasurable experience after the job was done. 3 inch cones are sufficient. Some American trap guns will go to 4 inches. The most important part of lenthening forcing cones: polishing the surface and keeping everything concentric! What happens if the forcing cone is not concentric? Anybody? The Lone Canadian,Henry/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Nicola said:

WHAT........I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif
funny.gif
funny.gif
funny.gif
funny.gif
funny.gif

As always the Americans have tested these claims and found them baseless. There are documented cases of people taking good barrels producing perfectly good patterns and progressively lengthening the cones etc. If those reports are to be believed the patterns never improved, but have been known to deteriorate.  In theory I agree the simplistic view of assuming a larger, more progressive cone would surely prevent fewer mis shapen pellets, but in practice it is simply not measurable, nor is the reduced recoil aspect. This latter thing has been tested by shooting guns of the same weight but with different cone dimensions side by side in blind tests.  Sorry, not normally a party pooper./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

Hi Henry, RE Cones needing to be concentric, one would imagine if there was too much of a step down it would strip the wad early resulting in a loss of velocity? and if it stepped out the wad would loose seal also resulting in loss of velocity? Just a guess from the bumbling idiot /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif Fuzrat

Just buy it and shoot it! Not being funny but you aint guna be the best shot in the world over night!If you like it get it sod all that crap about cones and rubbish like that! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Nope, nothing to do with the wad!  o0 What will happen? Hamster, there are definite benefits in a slight FELT recoil reduction! It is like shooting 2 3/4 inch in a 3 inch chamber but if there is no smooth forcing cone, a bunch of pellets get smacked! The Lone Canadian,Henry/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

I wouldn't waste your breath! Hammy is always right.....if you went to tenerife he went to elevenerife! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Did you buy your gun ferret? Will have a look on the shoot over Xmas! A real Gun! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gifIs nearly as big as you though!/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Back