Miroku mk38 Trap

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robo

I picked up a Miroku mk38 Grade 3 Trap gun from Greenfields yesterday,30" fixed choke (1/2 &3/4)

Took it along to my local gun club today (Wallers Ash) for a 100 bird ESP and left the 32" Gold E in the safe at home as I wanted to give the Miroku a good try out

First stand of the day was a fast driven followed by a L/R looper on report which the Miroku totaly dusted for a straight , then on to a few more straights on other stands :D

The gun handles just the way I like, Ive always been a fan of beaver tail fore ends as they fill my hand quite nicely and feel comfy. Trigger pulls are spot on for me, nice and crisp and the gun swings with out any effort, I thought that going down from a 32" to a 30" barrell would be hard to get used to, but no problem at all !

I ended the day on 85ex100 with the Miroku so was very happy with that, all in all this gun is a pleasure to shoot with and with the grade 3 wood work it's very pleasing to the eye ... very glad I brought it... fantastic bit of kit :D

Rob

Cheers guys.......Na ... going to keep the Beretta Tonky ( for now ) and not my PB , the best score I've done at Wallers was 87ex100 on August 7th last year

I bought a new grade 1 32" Miroku Trap gun 3/4 and full last Tuesday, I've never had a 32" before but it's very nice to shoot after I balanced it up with some lead in the stock. I intended to treat myself to a grade 5 but could not really see the point, it's just a gun after all and it does handle well and weighs in at 8lb now.

I've been using Hull 21gm through it and they are very good. I thought I would try them after reading Don Brunts article about 21gm in Clay Shooter mag.

Mike, I've just bought 1000 Hull compX 21g fibre wad after trying a couple of boxes by chance and must say I really like them.

Cheers,

Tom

Good choice, glad you get on with it :D mines a bit more sporterised being teagued and had a sporting shnabel forend fitted for my girly sized hands :lol: really cant see me chopping it in anytime soon!

I must admit, I hate the schnabel ( dont think it how you spell it but never mind ) forend and by far prefer a good bevertail job instead. Good choice of gun, I also have a hankering for a MK38 g5 30" trap for sporting as well but I have had some high expenses just recently so it is on hold.

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
After an auful lot of research I have decided to get an Mk38 Trap Brierley Bloxham Special, although haven't decided on the grade yet.

Another thing I'm not convinced by is the barrel length. I was going to get a 30" but Brierley recommended a 32". I'm just concerned I'm going to be overgunned as I'm not the most burley!

Any ideas on how to make my choice?

I think Fuzrat has a Bloxham Special so Im sure he will be able to tell you a bit more about it .. ;)

Where are you powenb? More than welcome to have a go with mine in 32 inch :)

Ps I'm a short arse and 8.5 stone dripping wet and get on great with it :)

Bit of a trek to Oxford then :) the extra weight of the recoil system does take away the feeling of the longer barrels and gets it balanced just on the hinge pin. Doesn't feel nose heavy at all, steady enough for the longer stuff and still sprightly enough for the closer fast stuff.

But as I read in one of the mags, if your hold point is wrong the rest of the shot breaks down. Get the hold point right and even fast whippy stuff you van be steady and smooth and on the distant stuff the longer tubes really come into their own :)

Thanks very much.

I can't wait to get to Brierley for a proper butchers!!

Leave out the ported barrels, found to be an insignificant effect on shotguns (apart from ear shattering noise to everyone around you) porting actually as very little effect on muzzle flip but does devalue the gun significantly on resale value.

Never really noticed mine to be any noisier than another gun, shotguns are loud anyway, if I had wanted quiet would have bought an airgun .

Shot in the same squad as the Hands from brierley guns on Sunday, thoroughly nice chaps and can shoot a bit! Whatever length you choose you will be in good hands there, pun definitely intended .

Latest posts

Back