Miroku Mk38 - Can they be cast

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an opinion: By the time you've finished trekking around the country having the stock rejigged, recast, refinished etc the left handed gun you should just order would probably have arrived. Alternatively if you're in that much of a rush to part with your hard earned cash learn to shoot right handed (I did).

But seriously buy a left handed gun! Or as they say 'buy in haste repent at your leisure'. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont recast, you cant bend the toe enough to be comfortable, either buy a sh lh gun, (they can be cheaper as not the best seller), or get a stock made.

Regardless of removing the tube, the bolt still needs taking into account, you end up removing a load of wood to get the bolt hole to realign.... not worth the hassle..

then they also spring back when they get hot enough, this happened at the rolex one year, this guy was adamant someone had changed his stock, as it had got hot in the back of the car, the sun through the windows had warmed it enough to spring back......

Altering is like an adjustable, get it set right then get a proper stock made.....

If you like the mk38 but can't find a leftie have a look for a browning 525, there are plenty of left handers, built to the same spec as the mk38 but with the bonus of ventilated mid rib and a few left handers about, worth giving it a look.

Thanks everyone.

From what I can pull together from the above suggestions is

1.  Buy a true left Miroku and just wait for it to arrive, as modifying the cast is a compromise and not guaranteed to stay in cast.

2.  Look for true left alternative - Browning for example...

3.  Have a stock made or use an adjustable stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Premier guns had some left hand grade five sporters the other week . Bnib. 

it can be done BUT you won't be able to do anything with the offset of toe and heel. Personally I would get a "propper" lh gun on order now, if that's definitely your preferred gun.
I recently had one of my guns recast as there was way to much,when my gunsmith measured up he said the toe position was fine just needed to bring the heel in which is what he did by about 5mm relative to the toe,i was a little sceptical but a perfect job and fits perfect now ;)

As a left handed shooter whose tried the RH gun route, I can only advise you try to get a left hander and don't bother messing about trying to get a right handed gun moved. 

From what's been said above, I'd go with the 525, it's basically the same gun as the MK and is readily available in leftie form. Alternatively, I have a practically unused left handed Caesar Guerini Tempio 30" M/C game gun, if you're interested? 

Back