Michael Diamond

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if his name had been Joe Bloggs living at No. 3 Olympian Avenue he would have been so lucky  :D

Escaped conviction on a technicality,not really something to celebrate!

That is complete rubbish he did not escape conviction ... the police ILLEGALLY searched his vehicle they "THE POLICE " broke the law ... that is why his conviction was overturned. You can paint it anyway you want but when someone breaks the law to try to prove that you have broken the law there is something not quite right. The fact is someone did not want Michael Diamond to be in the picture at Rio and went out of their way to let the police know that Diamond had his gun in his car and that is may have been store in contravention of the law. I am certain that what he did is a fairly common practice but the police were tipped off by someone who wanted him out of the way. We know it is common for the police in this country to break the law in the course of their investigations to get a conviction it happens frequently... seems it happens all over the world

I wonder if his name had been Joe Bloggs living at No. 3 Olympian Avenue he would have been so lucky  :D
I actually wonder if it had been the person mentioned in your post if any action at all would have been taken ? You do not need to be Einstein to see he, Mr Diamond, was set up !

That is complete rubbish he did not escape conviction ... the police ILLEGALLY searched his vehicle they "THE POLICE " broke the law ... that is why his conviction was overturned. You can paint it anyway you want but when someone breaks the law to try to prove that you have broken the law there is something not quite right. The fact is someone did not want Michael Diamond to be in the picture at Rio and went out of their way to let the police know that Diamond had his gun in his car and that is may have been store in contravention of the law. I am certain that what he did is a fairly common practice but the police were tipped off by someone who wanted him out of the way. We know it is common for the police in this country to break the law in the course of their investigations to get a conviction it happens frequently... seems it happens all over the world

I actually wonder if it had been the person mentioned in your post if any action at all would have been taken ? You do not need to be Einstein to see he, Mr Diamond, was set up !
Calm down and I would much rather you just say "stop being thick" instead of shrouding what is actually an insult "you do not need to be Einstein" inferring that even I should see what went on.  I can guarantee Joe Bloggs would have his collar felt.  

Calm down and I would much rather you just say "stop being thick" instead of shrouding what is actually an insult "you do not need to be Einstein" inferring that even I should see what went on.  I can guarantee Joe Bloggs would have his collar felt.  
OK stop being thick !

TBH I think they would after the full facts and circumstances were realised.

Looking at social media and comments on news channels the news is being recieved positivly.

He was drunk in charge of a car,firearm and ammunition had allegedly had an argument with his brother and you think its great that he got away on a TECHNICALITY  you think its a good thing and are simply worried they didn't ask to search his car...i would have been more disturbed if they didn't

Set up,conspiracy theory...do you wear a tin hat to stop the aliens controlling your brain?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we having a 'say what you mean' day today?  Brilliant.  jwpzx9r, stop being a tw*t.
:lol:

He was drunk in charge of a car,firearm and ammunition had allegedly had an argument with his brother and you think its great that he got away on a TECHNICALITY and you think its a good thing and are simply worried they didn't ask to search his car...i would have been more disturbed if they didn't
I was thinking a little bit that way myself but I am thick so don't worry schmokinn it'll be fine.

TBH I think they would after the full facts and circumstances were realised.

Looking at social media and comments on news channels the news is being recieved positivly.
Maybe, but quite frankly if you are a popular persona people tend to write off what is not convenient for their perception of that person.

No mention of the drink driving conviction being overturned.  OK, they probably laid it on a bit heavy about the gun being stored unsafely (it was broken into parts and in an unlocked case, but the car was locked). But if you've just been in an argument severe enough that the police have been called and before they arrive you pick up your gun, jump in your car and drive off even though you are massively over the drink drive limit, then I'm afraid that you can't claim you've been discriminated against for being arrested and charged by the police.

then I'm afraid that you can't claim you've been discriminated against for being arrested and charged by the police.
Hmmm.... yes you can and thank god you are not directing the judiciary of this country. The drunk in charge aside the police broke the law when they tried to present incriminating evidence that the had unlawfully obtained. Michael Diamond was set up by those who had grudges against him informed the police he had a gun in his car they then carry out an illegal search... why cause sensation and get it in the news. Had the done what they should have done and had his car removed to a police garage for a legal search it would probably not have made the not have made the local news let alone international news. Anyway that is behind him now he can get back to doing what he has done well in the past... being a tremendous champion of the very pinnacle of international shooting... I wish him well.

No mention of the drink driving conviction being overturned.  OK, they probably laid it on a bit heavy about the gun being stored unsafely (it was broken into parts and in an unlocked case, but the car was locked). But if you've just been in an argument severe enough that the police have been called and before they arrive you pick up your gun, jump in your car and drive off even though you are massively over the drink drive limit, then I'm afraid that you can't claim you've been discriminated against for being arrested and charged by the police.
As nobody on here fully knows the facts about the case or past issues., speculating and bickering about the far end of a far+ to prove a point is irrelevent  He lawfully has his licence back.  end of.

Wish him well for the future. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm.... yes you can and thank god you are not directing the judiciary of this country. The drunk in charge aside the police broke the law when they tried to present incriminating evidence that the had unlawfully obtained. Michael Diamond was set up by those who had grudges against him informed the police he had a gun in his car they then carry out an illegal search... why cause sensation and get it in the news. Had the done what they should have done and had his car removed to a police garage for a legal search it would probably not have made the not have made the local news let alone international news. Anyway that is behind him now he can get back to doing what he has done well in the past... being a tremendous champion of the very pinnacle of international shooting... I wish him well.
You are in fantasy land...doesn't matter how it was found out he is still guilty to most people including me convicted or not your just clutching at straws about where the car was searched...A TECHNICALITY!

Nothing like a selective quote is there?  If you actually read the first bit of what I said, my statement relates to the drink driving charge.  He was convicted on that and there is no sign that has been quashed.  I also said that the fact he had the gun broken down in a case meant that they were over the top charging him for being unsafe with the gun (which the latest judge agreed with).  He had a blood alcohol level 0.159 when the limit is 0.05, if you don't think it is right that the police charged him when he was three times over the drink drive limit then you've got bigger problems than a tinfoil hat will cure.

about where the car was searched...A TECHNICALITY!
You might call it that most thinking people call it the Law... and the moment you remove the rights of individuals ... well lets just go right back to uncle Joe Stalin his specialities were technicalities.

Latest posts

Back