Melanie sykes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There will always be people taking up clay, those that have a true and ingrained interest so what's the problem. This is how it has always been as i say its a minority sport like many others. I have no issue with it as such i just take a pragmatic view and consider it a waste of time and money both of which could be spent improving what we have.

Nick

that's great that your hooked you are one of the exceptions. I hope you continue for many years it certainly is addictive :)

Nick

This scenario is Free yes fare point, i am talking generally regarding the constant talk of trying to get publicity for our sport which as i say IMO is a waste of time and money.

It's a poor state of affairs that the sport is turning to Melanie Sykes to raise its profile.
Shooters complain when there is negativity about shooting in the media, and then people complain about something positive in the media about shooting.. there are some entrenched archaic attitudes held by certain shooters and officials that will never allow this sport to move forward in a positive way.

Why if Melanie Sykes wants to compete in the Olympics has she got tangled up with Ben?

He's worse than useless.

Michael Yardley would get her far more publicity!

Technically it is not free, we are paying for her fun through increase cartridge and equipment costs to her sponsors.

I find it all a bit odd myself, I think what got me off to a bad start was something I read a little while ago....

I can't remember exactly where I read it, it might have been on twitter or something but it was along the lines of 'Melanie decided she wanted to enter the 2016 Olympics so she got sponsored by Gemabore etc, etc'

Im sure there is more to it than this and I'm all for having the profile of our sport raised and good luck to her, but I'm sure there are lots of people who would like to enter the 2016 Olympics...I wonder if the offer is open to everyone?

I never complain when we have positive stories about shooting in the media.....I just hope for the poor girls sake that no one has said that she has any serious chance of getting to Rio......because she has not....true story...!

Mind you I have fingers crossed for her....because what a story that would be......'shooter presenter trained with a top sporting coach for a place on the OSK or OT team....only 2 women in the UK could have gone to Rio.....(after the other limiting factor of having won a 'quota place'.....which needs her to be selected for a GBR team....so that she can stand a chance of going to a quota shoot....so that means that she needs to be figuring in the selection process.......er...........now...!) .....but the beautiful Melanie who says shooting 'is great' ....is the one to be selected to go and win the Gold for GBR.

It would be great..!

However in reality she has more chance of going as a shooting commentator.......oh hang on......the ISSF. TV has a lovely American presenter.....oooops...!

So in reality.....I hope that she can enjoy learning the sport with two top shooters who have been coaching her....and that she stays in the sport enjoying it for a very long time....she can bring great publicity to the sport.....but let's keep some reality .....Rio......not a chance!!

Why if Melanie Sykes wants to compete in the Olympics has she got tangled up with Ben?

He's worse than useless.

Michael Yardley would get her far more publicity!
Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwllllllllll....!

Technically it is not free, we are paying for her fun through increase cartridge and equipment costs to her sponsors.
Like we pay for Formula 1 with our mobile phones and petrol ...CPSA Incompetance and solicitors wages with our membership fees . Nothing new there...!

if she brings in just one new shooter who then shoots for the rest of their days it will more than cove the cost of her shells and gun for the next 3 years....

Melanie has a lovely pink BH sticker on her gun stock but my coach won't let me have one of his stickers for my stock because he says he's not a twit. Or something like that.

I've heard other people say they've decided to do the Olympics, like its a Sunday league shoot. Hopefully someone will tell her what's involved, but hey, it's all good, and I would love her to make it.

If Melanie can get Gamebore sponsorship.

I'm going to try for the Rio Olympics GB swimming team!

A male sponsored by Tampax because apparently you can swim using their products. At the moment I can't swim!

Oh c'mon people. Celebrities 'pastimes' are geared towards boosting their profile. She's appeared on the scene and instantly told anyone that'll listen that her objective is to make the Olympic team. She must think we're all stupid!

When she realises this won't happen she'll no doubt disappear as quickly as she arrived. Not unlike Jordan who climbed on the back of a horse a few years ago then told the press she wanted to join the British Equestrian team. She didn't and quickly headed back to the pages of 'Closer' magazine.

I'm all for publicity that's giong to take the sport forward. I just don't think this is it.

Back