Magic Bore

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hilarious - Thanks guys, cheered up my Monday afternoon at 'work' its been quiet .
I seem to have missed the joke - was there one?  At any rate do any of you know of an exporter for those different sized field mice?  I'm certain that there is a segment of the shooting population here that would welcome such a tool as English gunning practices are held in quite high regard!

I'm certain that there is a segment of the shooting population here that would welcome such a tool as English gunning practices are held in quite high regard!
That Payne-Galway brush thing changed my life.  Greatest thing ever.  GO England!!! ;)

FWIW in the old Perazzi info with a new gun there was mention that any form of steel wool was a Tool Of Satan and should nevernevernever be used in a Perazzi barrel.

And are the mice gauged for choke as well as bore?

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW in the old Perazzi info with a new gun there was mention that any form of steel wool was a Tool Of Satan and should nevernevernever be used in a Perazzi barrel.

And are the mice gauged for choke as well as bore?
That's one of the first things I learned when starting shooting maybe 50 years ago, you don't put anything down the bore that is as hard or harder than the barrel material itself, that's why brushes are made of Phosphor bronze. (just ordered a Payne-Galway brush BTW, they are new to me.)

Good question about field mice, you'll find them flexible enough to cope with the tightest of chokes, they may need a little more "encouragement" at the business end. A little more cheese or paraffin (kerosene?) depending on your preferred method.

Latest posts

Back