Magic Bore - The Amazing new shotgun cleaning tool

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well,

I went to the Game Fair and had a look at the product.

I have to say that I am impressed.

It is certainly well made and Mike seems to have covered all angles.

I think it could be perfect for Loaders and Gameshooters who wish to give their guns a very quick but quite thorough clean before heading off home.

Putting the cost issue into perspective, it is only the cost of two pheasants. :smile:

Pluck me.............nice post Peter. Good to have Mike on our stand today, a lot of interest and selling well with two days to go.

Its a good solid British made product and i believe its worth every penny.

Nice to meet you and Maxum today ?

Brought one of these on Friday from Mike and I have to say it is a very well made piece of kit which comes in its own tube and requires no assembly to use, unlike my paradox........

In use today for the first time, using a good spray of cleaner and pushing through with a patch of kitchen towel in front of the brush I found that there were streaky marks near the chamber end, so after cleaning from the chamber end I turned the barrels around and a couple of in and outs the other way had them looking spotless.

Seeing as there have been some questions about it here is an explanation of what Magic Bore is, how it works and why it is the best shotgun cleaning tool ever invented.

Magic Bore® is a total cleaning system designed for everyone who needs to clean a shotgun. It doesn’t matter if you shoot once or hundreds of times a year Magic Bore® will clean it quicker and better than any other cleaning system out there. It works on all cartridge types be it plastic or fibre wad. Magic Bore® remove all types of fouling faster and even with or without oils or lubricant. Magic Bore® is the only cleaning solution where you can use most cleaning oils and fluids without fear of destroying the product unlike other products on the market.

All Magic Bore® kits are designed to last a lifetime with only the best and highest quality components and materials used. Each kit also contains consumable parts that are designed to be replaced when worn. All kits are interchangeable and all parts are custom to Magic Bore®. The two brushes are custom designed and manufactured to Magic Bore® specifications and are designed to work in conjunction with the material covered rods. The rods are made of aluminium and the material used to cover the rods is the best and highest specification cleaning material available to date. It is seamed and spiral wound to create more surface area which in turn creates more heat and catches more dirt.

Magic Bore® works on friction and building up heat fast. The rods and brushes are designed to fit optimally to build up heat as fast as possible. The brush dislodges any deposits and the material attracts and captures it and holds onto it. It works on any gun even back bored and over bored barrels. If you attach the brush directly to the handle you can even clean your chokes individually and it is the only solution that you can safely clean the barrels properly on a semi auto while it is still assembled.

The Magic Bore® drill kit is the first ever drill kit on the market and it is specifically designed to remove plastic, lead and fibre wad deposits fast. It is completely gun safe with clever design feature to completely protect your gun from anything metal including the drill. It is design to work in the first 2/3 of the barrels only and this also makes it easy to use in the drill. It works dry as well as with most oils or cleaning fluids.

You will never get dirty using Magic Bore® cleaning kits as everything is deigned to be housed in its own tube. You only ever touch the handle or the tube (hand kit) or the drill and the tube (drill kit) and the push fit tops are designed to be tight so not to shake loose if you keep it in the car.

I am not rubbishing this product but there are some issues which concern me and that users should be aware of.

You should be very careful using it as in the vid pushing it in the choke end with in and out of the ejectors especially on a Krieghoff as you will push the ejectors out and lose the balls and springs. Also oily dirt will be under ejectors to barrel, if you close the gun there is a risk of bending the ejectors, this area must be spotless before gun assy. Would not advise this method on an assembled gun for the reason above.

On autos cleaned as above the oily mess will be all over the inside of the action, not good, also in the gas ports. So don't get why it's good to leave the barrel on.

You also state the kits last a lifetime. That being the case why are there replacement consumables which do not last a lifetime.

I am not rubbishing this product but there are some issues which concern me and that users should be aware of.

You should be very careful using it as in the vid pushing it in the choke end with in and out of the ejectors especially on a Krieghoff as you will push the ejectors out and lose the balls and springs. Also oily dirt will be under ejectors to barrel, if you close the gun there is a risk of bending the ejectors, this area must be spotless before gun assy. Would not advise this method on an assembled gun for the reason above.

On autos cleaned as above the oily mess will be all over the inside of the action, not good, also in the gas ports. So don't get why it's good to leave the barrel on.

You also state the kits last a lifetime. That being the case why are there replacement consumables which do not last a lifetime.
Have you used the product? Do you have one?

I don't think that you could have or you will see how effective the material is at collecting and holding onto the dirt and not depositing it on other parts of the gun. This point is very important for both Kreighoff's and semi-auto's. The material actually polishes the gun wherever it comes into contact with it, barrels, ejectors chokes etc.

The kits should last a lifetime unless you loose the lifetime parts ie: Handle, plastic bush, tube and end caps on the hand kit. Hexagon rod with plastic bush, tube and end cap on the drill kit. I clearly state everywhere that the material covered rods and the both custom brushes are consumables. 

I will gladly review any feedback or critism from anyone who has bought on or used one and has actual experience of using the kits as i am keen to develop the product further if required. 

No have not purchased one.

Have you cleaned a Krieghoff 's barrels from the choke end. The ejectors will come out. They even can come out cleaned the conventional way.

I like the idea of it. But you have to be careful how it's used on certain guns.

JMO.

UPDATE: this has now been tested on 2 kreighoffs and there is no issue with the ejectors! 

Update :- There could be an issue with Krieghoffs if you are ham fisted and blunder about like an idiot with any mechanical device ( lack of mechanical aptitude?).

Used carefully and properly the 'Magic - Bore ' is a labour saving device that could be a Godsend to many .

Cleanliness is next to Godliness.

Warning :- Not to be used by Parrots -Can remove feathers and debri from Guns & Pets.

Update :- There could be an issue with Krieghoffs if you are ham fisted and blunder about like an idiot with any mechanical device ( lack of mechanical aptitude?).

Used carefully and properly the 'Magic - Bore ' is a labour saving device that could be a Godsend to many .

Cleanliness is next to Godliness.

Warning :- Not to be used by Parrots -Can remove feathers and debri from Guns & Pets.
I refrained from writing a similar comment since some individuals I'll not name might take offense and make an attempt to damage my reputation as a perfectly lovely person.

many thanks, Sal

I must say I am tempted by the drill powered one.

Would be good to try a demo one out first hand if there are any demo units that are taken to shoots with you, Mike?

Hi Doug,

I always have demo kits for both the hand and drill kits in 12 bore versions with me and I shoot all over. I'm shooting the intercounties at Doveridge next weekend if that's any good? If not where are you from? 

Hi Mike,

I think in shooting the premier league at Owls Lodge on Saturday. Not confirmed yet.

Mostly shoot Weston Wood, Westfield, Honesberie, Longridge.

So now they have been on the market for a few months what is the general opinion on these as cleaning my 692 barrels is a ballache? If these are as good as the claims I can only assume the drill version is just there as an option for those less able / willing to do the arm work?

I did chuckle when reading that the ejectors on a K gun can be knocked off so easily when all I hear is how well engineered they are. What are they held on with – sticky back plastic?

Decent brush and extension in a drill will do the same and a lot cheaper!
It won't that's why I designed it!! Please see the beretta forums and any magazine review for confirmation of how good it is. It is also being reviewed in gun mart magazine in the November issue and has been selected by an independent tester as one of his top 5 products for the year! You only need to see one to see that the brushes are the best you can buy and the kit is made to last a lifetime unlike anything else out there this also works and will save you hours and you won't ever get dirty using any of the magic bore kits. 

I'd happy to give anyone a demo at a shooting ground where I am at so that you can see for yourselves. 

Hi, 

The drill kit isn't just a labour saving device, if you have back bored or over bored barrels as most berettas do then it will make your gun cleaning easy and save you hours I guarentee. It is a completely different brush to the hand kit and it a larger diameter longer and stiffer and it will remove anything that shouldn't be there from the inside of your barrels. If you haven't already, take a look at magicbore.co.uk as all info is on there. 

Cheers

Mike

Back