Losing interest

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps you should examine how it is that you've been caught up in an activity that you are so anxiety ridden about?  Why bird shooting?  We don't need to know but you should give some thot to just why it is that you are there and what your responsibilities actually are.  Responsibilities?  Why did you let that happen?

Seriously, I have no need to know those things but you should.

Train spotting should take your mind off it   HTH

Good point, I think the difficulty is that knowing people have paid (in one instance several thousand pounds) on your behalf it puts pressure on you.  The other people will be other clients of the host and not people I know.  Maybe a strange mindset to have, I do get stressed at the thought of letting people down...

Aside from this issue I just seem to have lost all enthusiasm for shooting at the moment.
 Do not let any of them down or worry about your shooting prowess......................................just stay at home !   Simples !

I am not sure which part of the Country you are from,  but there are some excellent crochet classes available at Night School !

I am not sure which part of the Country you are from,  but there are some excellent crochet classes available at Night School !
Bit harsh and not much help to PP. If there is no joy in just practising alone then there is no joy in shooting. perhaps Crochet is the way forward. Or there is always Lego.

PP reading your posts it reads like the stress you have generated over your grouse days is central - have you shot grouse before - is it driven or walked-up ? If driven are you double gunning ? Have you been practicing in a grouse butt with an experienced coach? Have you tuned up on safety ?

its a very different experience but I really like it - got 3 days booked myself - not sure why you are focused on how your hosts will react and seeing that as a cause of stress - if you are safe and you enjoy yourself that ought to be sufficient for the host ((unless they think you are Simon Ward)

Back