Looking for opinions on two Brownings.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi bud..

Interesting comment. So with a 3k budget, what would you buy? I havnt shot either, but like the look/specs of the xs pro.
Since you're asking Adam I prefer the Italian guns and out of those I like Guerinis best. There are some things about Browning/Miroku guns that I personally don't much like but I do recognise they're strong, durable and reliable - as long you check the firing pins regularly - and every gunsmith in the world can fix them in their sleep.

My advice to you is to keep in mind that whatever gun you get now won't be a gun for life. With 3K to spend and 3 months experience I'd suggest a pre loved Browning, Miroku or Beretta for around £1250, shove the rest in the Post Office and shoot as much as you can for the next year or so. At the same time talk to people, try as many different decent guns as you can and maybe then look for the long term upgrade.

Since you're asking Adam I prefer the Italian guns and out of those I like Guerinis best. There are some things about Browning/Miroku guns that I personally don't much like but I do recognise they're strong, durable and reliable - as long you check the firing pins regularly - and every gunsmith in the world can fix them in their sleep.

My advice to you is to keep in mind that whatever gun you get now won't be a gun for life. With 3K to spend and 3 months experience I'd suggest a pre loved Browning, Miroku or Beretta for around £1250, shove the rest in the Post Office and shoot as much as you can for the next year or so. At the same time talk to people, try as many different decent guns as you can and maybe then look for the long term upgrade.
Boy I wish I had 3k..... I got a E.Rizzini for £200.. I do quite like it, the engraving is nice, the wood is ok, and most importantly, I can dust clays with it... anything other than crossers anyway ..

But when I've paid my car off, ill keep putting those payments away until I can treat myself. I do like the look of the 525SL, and the XS PRO. I like the adjustable comb aspect, its a 'cheap mans' personalised fit (without paying someone to strip and reshape the stock) for me anyway.. I cant see myself doing any competitions, just having some fun on my days off.

Been shooting for 44 years and have tried quite a few guns in that time (excluding Perazzi and Kreghoff) and have owned an Ultra XS Titanium for the last 12 years.  I shoot every weekend, mainly skeet & sporting and have found the XS to be the perfect gun for me.  Can't see myself getting anything else in the future (unless I win the lottery).

Not being funny, but I feel the same way about my sub £1k B525 which is my first gun!  :pardon:

Been shooting for 44 years and have tried quite a few guns in that time (excluding Perazzi and Kreghoff) and have owned an Ultra XS Titanium for the last 12 years.  I shoot every weekend, mainly skeet & sporting and have found the XS to be the perfect gun for me.  Can't see myself getting anything else in the future (unless I win the lottery).

Guess that might change as knowledge spoils it all. :)

Hi.

I am looking for opinions on the Browning B725 pro sport and the Browning 525 ultra XS Pro. I shoot sporting and skeet. I know best fit is king and I will try both. All comments welcome.
The Ultra XS pro is the one I prefer. Fully adjustable gun and can be made to fit you.

Boy I wish I had 3k..... I got a E.Rizzini for £200.. I do quite like it, the engraving is nice, the wood is ok, and most importantly, I can dust clays with it... anything other than crossers anyway ..

But when I've paid my car off, ill keep putting those payments away until I can treat myself. I do like the look of the 525SL, and the XS PRO. I like the adjustable comb aspect, its a 'cheap mans' personalised fit (without paying someone to strip and reshape the stock) for me anyway.. I cant see myself doing any competitions, just having some fun on my days off.
Dont knock Rizzini, I say that for the fact I tried a load of differant makes ,berretta,browning,autos etc at a local club, even though I have no intention of changing my miroku, the one that fitted best and handled superbly was a a rizzini, now if offered I would use that rather than the "brands" due to the fact fit and balance for me was as good as my miroku.

This doesnt mean you shouldnt trade up to what ever you want, that should be a good thing, but just proves you should choose what fits YOU rather than what looks right. ironically the owner also treated himself to a brand gun, but still shoots better scores with the rizzini, certainly dusts them .

Dont knock Rizzini, I say that for the fact I tried a load of differant makes ,berretta,browning,autos etc at a local club, even though I have no intention of changing my miroku, the one that fitted best and handled superbly was a a rizzini, now if offered I would use that rather than the "brands" due to the fact fit and balance for me was as good as my miroku.

This doesnt mean you shouldnt trade up to what ever you want, that should be a good thing, but just proves you should choose what fits YOU rather than what looks right. ironically the owner also treated himself to a brand gun, but still shoots better scores with the rizzini, certainly dusts them .
Ay, I am happy with my Rizzini. Wood is a bit boring, but I can hit the clays with it...

And that's what matters.

Hi I bough a new Browning 725 pro sport from Park Street guns and won B Class at Hornet Shooting Ground second time of using it with a 83 very good gun 4 of my friends have all bough new 725 pro sports and are all very happy you will enjoy it.

a few of us have put 2x20 grams with attachment in stock to make it handle a bit better it makes barrels a little lighter

give it a try and enjoy

Regards Jimmy Mc

Back