Lewis system

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All class system is bollox, everyone shoots the best they can on the day, the winner wins, pay as far down the leader board as you can .... Job done

PS

Do away with vet and lady class as well as they shoot as well if not better than blokes

Equally, let’s say a top shooter turns up and shoots the worst they have for years. Chances are they will win “B” class or whatever daft name the Lewis system has for its lower band. This deprives a true beginner shooter of a win. It’s all nonsense. 
Excactly! As a beginner it's extremely frustrating to enter competition where there will be payouts to different classes, and then see people from the top 12 on the national rankings win the lower classes. We have a national ranking, and my opinion is that the top 12 can't win anything in lower classes. I mean if a premier league team have a sh*te day on the pitch, they don't get to go down and get some point from the lower leagues.

This is the reason I don't really consider the Grand Prix we shoot in OT as the buy in is 100€. And I know I'll never be able to win the B or C as long as the good shooters can have a bad series in the first 3and then end up and win the B class easy. Personally I'd like to compete amongst eqauls. And my goal  is still to be able to compete in A class. But as long as I'm a B/C shooter I'd like to compete against my level. 

Do away with vet and lady class as well as they shoot as well if not better than blokes
Yes I agree with that. (we actually don't use the classes apart from national championship). Vets and old boys are normally higher scoring than senior. My suggestion for class would be based on scores, no gender or age difference. And juniors should be called so until the turn 18,then they would be seniors, not 21. Super vets is OK,  reaction time and eye sights are becoming so slow/bad that experience can't outweigh it any more. (still talking OT here). 

Lars

Last edited by a moderator:
Excactly! As a beginner it's extremely frustrating to enter competition where there will be payouts to different classes, and then see people from the top 12 on the national rankings win the lower classes. We have a national ranking, and my opinion is that the top 12 can't win anything in lower classes. I mean if a premier league team have a sh*te day on the pitch, they don't get to go down and get some point from the lower leagues.

This is the reason I don't really consider the Grand Prix we shoot in OT as the buy in is 100€. And I know I'll never be able to win the B or C as long as the good shooters can have a bad series in the first 3and then end up and win the B class easy. Personally I'd like to compete amongst eqauls. And my goal  is still to be able to compete in A class. But as long as I'm a B/C shooter I'd like to compete against my level. 

Yes I agree with that. (we actually don't use the classes apart from national championship). Vets and old boys are normally higher scoring than senior. My suggestion for class would be based on scores, no gender or age difference. And juniors should be called so until the turn 18,then they would be seniors, not 21. Super vets is OK,  reaction time and eye sights are becoming so slow/bad that experience can't outweigh it any more. (still talking OT here). 

Lars
Agree with the super vet sentiment, that makes perfect sense as its justifiable 👍

Both spurious statements that would take more time to refute than worth

If one shoots an out of class score then that score should be judged by the appropriate class, and the shooter promoted to reward him/her for the accomplishment.  The highest score shot within the class boundary should win that class.  THAT is the intent of classes - Equity among the similarly ranked shooters and placement according to skill.  Lower class shooters posting higher class scores and receiving the lower class award is a subversion of the intent of classification system.  Of course that is in practise totally ignored.

that is why Lewis is superior because the SCORE sets the class assignment with nothing else required.  
I shoot sporting at B class, I'm trying to shoot AAA every time I go out. I don't turn up to a shoot trying to shoot the B class cut off point.

I shoot sporting at B class, I'm trying to shoot AAA every time I go out. I don't turn up to a shoot trying to shoot the B class cut off point.
Similar although AAA is probably not my goal.  I like to shoot out of the average for B as something to aim for on a shoot.

Commendable but that is not at all what I was suggesting as anyone can read

If one shoots an out of class score then that score should be judged by the appropriate class, and the shooter promoted to reward him/her for the accomplishment.  The highest score shot within the class boundary should win that class.  THAT is the intent of classes - Equity among the similarly ranked shooters and placement according to skill. 
JIC you may want to review the relevant statement

JIC  there is some misunderstanding - "If one shoots an out of class score then that score should be judged by the appropriate class" - means that if a C class shooter cards a B class score then that score vies for B class awards NOT C class

AND - JIC you've all not noticed the class system in use and touted as The Answer is for all intents and purposes meaningless in terms of any sort.  OK OK it spreads the prize list ---- BFD

JMO of course but systems in use simply sukgoatballs 

have fun

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back