Let's talk about Shootin' Boots

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skeet UK

Peoples.

Talk to me about your favoured shooting boots, what you have and why...good and bad.

I'm thinking Dingleberries, Le Shampoo, *uck Boots etc.

I find that divers boots work well for me, the recoil from the gun just rocks me backwards, but the weight of the boots allows me to come back to an upright position, ready for the next shot. A bit reminiscent of a budgies toy really ! You would not really want to do a 100 birder off 14 stands though. 

Now you are ready for boots, outdoor trainers are my choice, unless it really muddy then I goto another ground.

I find that divers boots work well for me, the recoil from the gun just rocks me backwards, but the weight of the boots allows me to come back to an upright position, ready for the next shot. A bit reminiscent of a budgies toy really ! You would not really want to do a 100 birder off 14 stands though. 

Interesting.  I had looked at these.   Wasn't sure if I should go for the neoprene ones for warmth and comfort . . .

boots.jpg

Or as you suggest, something more sturdy . . .

boots.jpg

Thats them, the second pair. Bull the toes up and then wear yer Oakley's with the cinnamon lenses, so that you can still see. Due to my age I have had to remove some of the lead from the left boot though,..............................to put into my pencil ! 

Fast trap shooters can use ordinary shoes, shooting layouts are covered, normally solid paths to layouts and mostly decent car parks too.

If I have to walk, I find the Laksen ankle boots very comfortable and one of my shooting buddies swears by some ankle style boots from Fife country clothing (Hoggs). If the ground has suitable paths, then a pair of the walking style trainers are very good too. Hope this is of some SERIOUS help.

I got some Harkila boots from Wifey for birthday, she knows how much I hate laces so these have a disc which rotates to do the laces up . I love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Fast trap shooters can use ordinary shoes, shooting layouts are covered, normally solid paths to layouts and mostly decent car parks too.
Yes this gentlemanly trap malarkey is the future but I do wish they would install heat lamps above each peg. How good would thay be ?

I've just got some Karrimor KSB Skido walking boots. They are comfortable, study, stop me from falling over in all the mud. They defiantly do the job, and £30 down from £80 in the sales, can't say no!

I am only shooting sporting though and it's quite muddy through the wooded area. My Step-Father shoots DTL and he only wears trainers for it. I suppose from it it's whatever you find your comfortable in. Although I have seen some guys at my shoot in mega expensive trainers trying to look all flash until they get caked in mud!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use Dubarrys. Supremely comfy (full day no problem), warm and waterproof. Not cheap but superb.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

frankly it makes bog all difference what footware I use. Tyre choice is more critical

Last edited by a moderator:
Dubarrys for me also for the same reasons and those Chamaeu boots (can't spell) for the husband. His boots got damaged and they replaced them with no questions asked.

The correct footwear is a very important  as to your balance if you are not balanced correctly and stable your shooting will be erratic!

Latest posts

Back