Krieghoff spare barrels

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still waiting for the new one Steve.

Maybe you would be better with 30" pro rib multi choke barrels. Sounds like the 32's are a bit long and slow.

In all seriousness i was all for leaving a few days ago as i got tired of the abuse and the inability of some to read my posts with the humour they were intended to be. I love shooting and debate of a serious nature however i also like a laugh and have found many on here that i have been able to have a laugh with. Some are just thin skinned and seem to take everything as a personal attack and take great offence if i jokingly state for instance that i don't like autos, which i don't but so what some may not like side plate. It was only pm to les tinker and TD that made me come back.

I have enjoyed this evenings humour and the serious bits so thanks to all for that.

Anyone that knows me or has met of will tell you i would never knowingly offend anyone i just have a weird sense of humour. Luckily so does Mrs ips, which is handy :)
Yes Ips. Poor old Steve only wants to talk about barrels and all you want to do is thread drift!!!

Oh! Bugger it, I've just done that too! (Sorry Steve!)   :biggrin:

Welcome back Ian. It's good to restore you to your rightful place along side the rest of us reprobates (and you know who you are!)     :nono:

IPS SimonB et al, as a newbie to the forum who has missed all the previous fluffy rabbits can I just say........... 

>>wooosh!!!>>

... :dontknow:  

As to the OP, its something I've been pondering, why go the effort/expense of having 3 guns fitted when you can just have one and change the barrels, same range/set of chokes and away you go. OK so I'd be better off chucking gravel at the clays right now...........but I can dream, so just asking

IPS SimonB et al, as a newbie to the forum who has missed all the previous fluffy rabbits can I just say...........

>>wooosh!!!>>

... :dontknow:

As to the OP, its something I've been pondering, why go the effort/expense of having 3 guns fitted when you can just have one and change the barrels, same range/set of chokes and away you go. OK so I'd be better off chucking gravel at the clays right now...........but I can dream, so just asking
it is possible to do just that however if you shoot a specific discipline you only need one. If you want to try a few then a 30 multi will suffice.

As for that word all you need to know is never to use it. Apparently.

32s are fine for skeet, ask Dave beardsmore and a few of the other top lads. The chokes make it longer but no handling difference as they are so light. Open up if you must but a spare set will be a disaster.

OK so what would be best for a clay that starts off about 40yds away behind a tree and heads further away, right to left and going like stink. Apart from an absurd amount of lead.

OK so what would be best for a clay that starts off about 40yds away behind a tree and heads further away, right to left and going like stink. Apart from an absurd amount of lead.
If it's 'heading away' it probably doesn't need an 'absurd' amount of lead...

difficult to describe, if you can imagine standing at 6 o'clock with the clay starting @40yds out at 4 o'clock  and going way out through 11 o'clock and really motoring.

difficult to describe, if you can imagine standing at 6 o'clock with the clay starting @40yds out at 4 o'clock  and going way out through 11 o'clock and really motoring.
If 4 o'clock is 40 yards from 6 then by the time the clay gets to 11 o'clock it'll be 110 yards away so regardless of lead you're gonna need 5's. :dontknow:

Back on to the subject.

If you have got a gun that is the dogs danglies , it has got 32" barrels and multichokes , the best skeet shooters allegedly shoot 32" multichoked barrels!

WHY would you want the added expense of a pair of shorter skeet barrels??????

Hah Got it! STARSHOT.

Forget the gun tampering, spend the money on a lesson. But more importantly, LISTEN, and do what you are taught, not what you think is correct. Because that obviously doesn't work.

Here endeth the lesson.

I have been wondering if it would be an idea to carry 6s for the sporting traps at Auldgirth.

Obviously a lot of work going on but I can see it will be a great set up when it's all completed and nature has tidied things up a bit. Skeet set up seems to have been recently installed and one of the DTL stands has voice activated traps. Was a Skeet competition on so we were only on the sporting traps.

Our home ground (a sheep field up in the hills near Durisdeer) is currently unavailable due to lambing so we're leading a nomadic existence for a couple of months, Clarencefield and Westlands are next on the agenda.

sorry for the thread drift

Back on to the subject.

If you have got a gun that is the dogs danglies , it has got 32" barrels and multichokes , the best skeet shooters allegedly shoot 32" multichoked barrels!

WHY would you want the added expense of a pair of shorter skeet barrels??????

Hah Got it! STARSHOT.

Forget the gun tampering, spend the money on a lesson. But more importantly, LISTEN, and do what you are taught, not what you think is correct. Because that obviously doesn't work.

Here endeth the lesson.
Lessons are great and our next one will be in a week or so when Mrs Bryn's gun is ready, last lesson, first with my new gun, I was hitting 60% of the skeet I was given (OK it was the same bird) and 80% of the rising teal (singles and doubles). I haven't settled on a discipline yet as I'm still trying them out but Skeet (in all its guises) and DTL appeal to me. DTL I'm hopeless but hopefully a few specific lessons will get me on track.

Now back to the OP, while the Skeet gods may well shoot skeet with 32", improved choke, using 21gram 6s, I am crap and will be for a while, therefore if I take up skeet seriously I want every advantage I can get, therefore to my understanding 28", cylinder or skeet, 28gram 9s would seem a better option.

In time as I hopefully improve then in practice I plan to gradually tighten the chokes and maybe use longer barrels less shot to make it harder, but in serious comps I would be giving my self every legitimate edge I can find. To my thinking using the same stock, action and fore-end but changing the barrels would be a reasonable and less costly way to go rather than 3 different guns, especially if you have the option to add/remove weight to keep the balance constant. Certainly a lot simpler than 3P rifle where all your settings change between positions and even different ranges and in some places firing points.

I have been wondering if it would be an idea to carry 6s for the sporting traps at Auldgirth.
NO!!! I shot the 100 bird registered at Auldgirth a couple of weeks ago, good targets, tricky, some needed lead...but NOTHING was needing anything more than 1/2 choke and 7 1/2's...if the clays aren't breaking for you, it's not because they are out of range, it's because you are missing them!!! ;)

As for skeet, people don't use longer barrels and bigger shot to make it harder, use whatever you want, 32" barrels don't make skeet targets 'hard'...

I have been wondering if it would be an idea to carry 6s for the sporting traps at Auldgirth.

Obviously a lot of work going on but I can see it will be a great set up when it's all completed and nature has tidied things up a bit. Skeet set up seems to have been recently installed and one of the DTL stands has voice activated traps. Was a Skeet competition on so we were only on the sporting traps.

Our home ground (a sheep field up in the hills near Durisdeer) is currently unavailable due to lambing so we're leading a nomadic existence for a couple of months, Clarencefield and Westlands are next on the agenda.

sorry for the thread drift
I won a FITASC shoot off with 5s many years back, they where awesome, not allowed now. I don't need to apologise for drift as it wasn't me :)

http://www.tirovesti.co.uk/

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back