Kemen/Perazzi "H" Locking bolt question

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skinnylizzy

Just wondering if any of you Kemen KM-4 or Perazzi MX8 owners can help me. When I open my KM-4 MK1 the "H" shaped locking bolt is protruding ever so slightly. When closing the gun, this causes the top lever to move a tiny bit to the right before it proceeds to the closed position. Now when I say a tiny bit I mean probably less than 1mm, but it's enough of a movement for me to notice. The back of the barrels push the "H" bolt back which in turn pushes the top lever to the right.

I'm not having any problems with the gun opening or closing, nor am I having any problems with the top lever locking open or closing. I guess my question is, is this normal for a KM-4 or could it be a sign that my locking bolt is wearing.It has been like this since I bought the gun and as it's my first "MX8 Style" reciever, I thought nothing of it but an MX8 shooter mentioned it to me today at a shoot in a "what's up with that" kinda way.

The gun is a very tidy and tight gun, I recently got it back from my gunsmith, who shoots both Kemen and Perazzi, and he had nothing but praise for the gun and how well kept and tight it was. He didn't mention the top lever.

Anyway, any help would greatly appreciated.

Thanks a mill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh? It's supposed to be to the right. It's REALLY right on a new one. When the H block is knackered, the lever will be central. Stop using the gun at that stage and get it to a gunsmith.

Perazzi used three different methods to hold the bolt open and I have no idea which one Kemen copied.  Sounds to me like the bolt lock thing is worn or maybe never properly fitted.  The lock thing can be removed and it will have no effect on the functioning of the gun other than you will have to hold the lever over when you close the gun.  Get it fixed or hold the lever over now cuz you're dragging the locking lugs on the barrel against the bolt and that is not a good thing for bolt or barrel.  Take it to a proper gunsmith to get it fixed and don't let anyone tell you that's the way it's supposed to be cuz it ain't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perazzi used three different methods to hold the bolt open and I have no idea which one Kemen copied. Sounds to me like the bolt lock thing is worn or maybe never properly fitted. The lock thing can be removed and it will have no effect on the functioning of the gun other than you will have to hold the lever over when you close the gun. Get it fixed or hold the lever over now cuz you're dragging the locking lugs on the barrel against the bolt and that is not a good thing for bolt or barrel. Take it to a proper gunsmith to get it fixed and don't let anyone tell you that's the way it's supposed to be cuz it ain't.
Kemen use the latest Perazzi method with the release pin on the right hand side of the standing face (looking from the top lever to the barrel).. well mine did.

Thank's for the replies guys. Will, I think you may have misread my post, I meant when the top lever is in it's fully open position, it gets a minute nudge to the right upon closing the gun. Yeah my Kemen has the latest Perazzi operating system too. I think I may well need to get a new locking bolt fitted as my top lever has reached the dreaded 6 o'clock position.

Does anyone know if a Perazzi locking bolt will fit or am I doomed to waiting months to get one from Kemen?

Cheers again guys.

Ah, you didn't say that.. I was thinking how it looks when you put the gun back together. I always release the lever when disassembled so it is "shut" position I reassemble. I have never looked at the gun when reloading it. Too busy looking at the scenery!

Good luck going to Kemen direct - they don't deal direct. Tony had to wait over 6 months for a hammer and he had to go through someone here.

Back