Jocker cartridges

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eastern Sporting in Chelmsford currently have these on their price list and i was wondering if they would be worth a go, i'm new to shooting and don't need anything fancy...
get some .you won't be disappointed . be quick before the others catch on. :baby: :baby:

V Fest is on just round the corner this weekend so anyone would be crazy to try and get there at the moment...

Maybe i'll pop over in the early part of the week ;)

Well as it turns out there was no traffic caused by V Festival and i now have a couple of slabs of Jocker cartridges ;)

They do still have some left if anyone else wants to give them a try, great friendly service :)

Ha ha, i got all i could afford for now so might as well spread the news...

Just a few pics for info if people were wondering about them...

2015-08-22%2019.04.20_zps7c4jhcxe.jpg

2015-08-22%2019.04.41_zpslvawo0wm.jpg

2015-08-22%2019.05.36_zpsfagzswda.jpg

2015-08-22%2019.06.21_zpsf6io2v3w.jpg

2015-08-22%2019.06.47_zpsr5gwoc6y.jpg

2015-08-22%2019.07.25_zpsyzqrxnea.jpg

2015-08-22%2019.07.54_zps9bu8edcn.jpg

2015-08-22%2019.12.44_zpsneagt81y.jpg

I shot these at DTL yesterday, on the admittedly few times I put the pattern in the correct place the kills were amazing using 3/8 choke the clay just disappeared in a cloud of smoke. It must be something to do with them being English 7s.

I shot these at DTL yesterday, on the admittedly few times I put the pattern in the correct place the kills were amazing using 3/8 choke the clay just disappeared in a cloud of smoke. It must be something to do with them being English 7s.
I've shot true 7's a fair few times mainly the better makes too like Eley VIP and Express World Cups but never thought much of the breaks quality compared to either 7.5's or 8's. Either way I'm glad you liked the breaks, they're definitely worth the asking price. 

I used to use the Clever t3 7s and they pulverised clays, but the pattern was crazy tight. Like a pea shooter at 10 yards.

I should have changed to 1/4 or cyl after 50 to see what they would do with more open chokes ,but as I was shooting OK ( for me)  I didn't bother.

Now had a few outings with the 24G/plas version and I'm so impressed.  The £145/1000 price point would point to some sort of compromise over the £185 ish carts and yet there seems to be none, scores are same or better...if only the cases weren't pink..... :oops:

Now had a few outings with the 24G/plas version and I'm so impressed.  The £145/1000 price point would point to some sort of compromise over the £185 ish carts and yet there seems to be none, scores are same or better...if only the cases weren't pink..... :oops:

Hi Cosmicblue

I went out and shot 27/30 at Barby with those 24 gram shells you gave me. Lovely even patterns judging by the breaks! Going away birds were crunched and full face clays disappeared. I'm going to get a couple of thousand as these are lovely to shoot and cheap to boot! I always shoot 28 grams but i'll drop to 24 grams with these. I was using 2 x 3/4 chokes but no matter.......The shells did there stuff! Brilliant shell! 

Fabulous! Thanks for the feedback Steve - I got mine from Anthony Evans at Claverdon Cartridges, 01926 834503....I know he reads this forum too :smile:

Finally got hold of the 24g plastic  load having tried the 28g in plastic and fibre. All variants are very impressive in terms of performance and leave next to nothing in the barrels. All things considered the price is ridiculously good! 

Clarkes of Walsham!  although not currently showing on their online price list they have supplies aplenty! 24g £138 a thou and 28g £143 a thou Just been in there and couldn't believe my luck! now to get home before the rear suspension collapses! ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Shot 150 of the 28gm Plas today. Quite nice, but a bit thumpy. Felt very much like a Fiocchi FBlu.

Tried a couple of the 24gm that a fellow shooter had. More comfortable but still quite a kick from a 24gm load. Great shell for the money, but they are £150 a thousand now for 28gm plas from Claverdon Cartridges, not far off something like Super Fast.

I shot a slab of 24gm recently and I thought they were ok for the money, I shoot RC2's and the recoil was very similar to them.

Had a quick bash with them, must say I didn't notice any particular recoil over my normal Superfasts. I quite liked them to be honest, but not enough to change.

Oh dear oh dear!

was on a corporate shoot today. 18 of us shooting 100birds. All shooting jocker 28g fibres. 

Seemed fine, but we had well over 10 misfires in the group today, and two of us (myself included) ended up with wads stuck in our barrels! 

Not impressed! 

Cant compain too too much though, the carts were free! ;-)

Found a disadvantage to these last night.

Shooting at night under floodlight with no wind proved trickey as they seemed to produce more smoke than the cartridges others were shooting! 

Shooting these side by side with the Rio's showed that they really are quite thumpy. Considering they are £150 vs the Rio's at £163 I don't see them as great value anymore.

Back