I've been busting..

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LancsLad

...to get this out since yesterday.

Got a blooming great 46th birthday present yesterday. Got a phone call from my mum to say she'd been to my house back up in Lancashire to check my mail and my SGC was sat on the door mat. She's posting it to me in Bedford so a shopping I will go next weekend  :hyper:

The next two years, stages, every few months:

Oooh.. This one looks nice and the man says it's great for me.

I quite like it but I know I can do better if I spend a bit more on this one

These cartridges are better than that first lot

I need a bigger range bag

Those glasses were ok but some of those ones will find me five targets

I need a longer one, with a better recoil pad.

My lack of some trendy chokes is holding me back

I deserve a proper expensive skeet vest. Hmm.. am I good enough to have my name on it?

I'm not sure my car is actually right for shooting..

Last edited by a moderator:
Pmsl

But all very true. Funny lot shooters but Lancs lad will know that by now as he has met balltrap :)

4x4 is next purchase as Hyundai Coupe just doesn't look right in the car park  :angel:
Ha, I have been using my wife's mitsubishi colt to get around, it's either that or my motorbike!!, was just thinking a 4x4 might be handier for game days/ straw balers etc.

They say clay pigeon shooting is a cheap sport. So why does everyone drive a top of the class Range Rover sport or BMW X5 and the like. Only slight exaggeration, but most cars in the car parks are 4x4.

Not mine! I love my old Saab. Plenty of room for all my gear in the boot or a pair of greyhounds ?

They say clay pigeon shooting is a cheap sport. So why does everyone drive a top of the class Range Rover sport or BMW X5 and the like. Only slight exaggeration, but most cars in the car parks are 4x4.
 Never heard anyone refer to shooting as cheap !!!

It's a proper Saab, a 9-5. It's the 93 that's a Vectra in a different coat.
​Talking about Vauxhall clone Saab, I had a 95N 2.3 for a couple of years, apparently meant to have been 200 odd horse power but felt like 120 which was just as well because the handling was atrocious bordering on criminal even in its era. 

​cheap? I'd say it's probably the most expensive sport there is outside of horse racing, Polo or motor sport.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't say it's exactly cheap...  

The 4x4 seems to go with the territory: A1 sees a lot of saloons (and some SUVs); Cambridge GC gas a lot more well used pickups and SUVs than saloons, but that may have something to do with the road to access the place being a nightmare on your suspension.

Cambridge GC gas a lot more well used pickups and SUVs than saloons, but that may have something to do with the road to access the place being a nightmare on your suspension.
​You can pick me up when we go then, ..

Cheap is probably the wrong word, I was told it can be inexpensive. It probably costs the same as golf depending how much you shoot. And the getting of a 4x4 was a joke. Although something that gets more than 27 mpg would be good. :huh:

I used to race motorbikes for a hobby and I can tell you now shooting is cheap compared to that .. I must admit I have been looking at a 4x4 because my m sport BMW dose not like some of the access roads 

Back