FEO Visit

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LancsLad

Well just had my FEO visit for my SGC application (only 2 weeks and 2 days since application). It went extremely well. He's happy with where I'm going to put the safe and just wants to see it installed before issue of Certificate. Safes were supposed to arrive today but got an email to say now Monday. This is annoying as they are being delivered to my Lancs address as I am here for the weekend but I'll be back in Bedford Sunday night. I'll have to butter my Mum up to see if she'll house sit on Monday for me to accept delivery and then get my Brother in Law to fit the safe. FEO is happy with this arrangement and will even accept my Mum here to show him the installation without me here to inspect it and then issue my Cert. So it hopefully wont be long now  :D

Well just had my FEO visit for my SGC application (only 2 weeks and 2 days since application). It went extremely well. He's happy with where I'm going to put the safe and just wants to see it installed before issue of Certificate. Safes were supposed to arrive today but got an email to say now Monday. This is annoying as they are being delivered to my Lancs address as I am here for the weekend but I'll be back in Bedford Sunday night. I'll have to butter my Mum up to see if she'll house sit on Monday for me to accept delivery and then get my Brother in Law to fit the safe. FEO is happy with this arrangement and will even accept my Mum here to show him the installation without me here to inspect it and then issue my Cert. So it hopefully wont be long now  :D
​Fingers crossed for a speedy issue. It's a good feeling when you finally receive the SGC. Enjoy.

Well done, that's good news. 

Fitting the safe is a fairly straightforward job, you just need a decent drill, the right sized bit, expanding bolts and an hour or so to get it fitted. 

Hope it all goes well. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have to butter my Mum up to see if she'll house sit on Monday for me to accept delivery and then get my Brother in Law to fit the safe. FEO is happy with this arrangement and will even accept my Mum here to show him the installation without me here to inspect it and then issue my Cert. So it hopefully wont be long now  :D
I'm intrigued by this as, in theory, your brother in law or mum could get copies of the keys cut in your absence and then be able to access your guns in future...

When my local FEO came to inspect the fitted safe he was very clear that I must leave it empty and open and not leave the keys accessible as my wife was showing him where and how it was fitted. I've read of people losing their licence as other family members have been found to know where the keys are... Interesting!

I see what you mean. As its a 3 day weekend (forgot it's a bank holiday) I'm going home to fit it myself this weekend. I'll talk to the FEO about that again before he comes to see it. Might keep keys myself and leave open for his visit. 

​It's even BETTER when you don't need such "nanny" State affairs !!  :cool:  
Buying shotguns at the same place as your groceries and two year olds shooting their mothers while sat in a shopping trolley at Wal-Mart.  Militarized Police Forces with Humvees and helicopter Gunships, ready and waiting for the heavily armed population to find out how screwed their economy really is, not to mention Martial Law...sorry, "Curfew" being tested in Baltimore.

Yes,  that's MUCH BETTER. :cool:

I see what you mean. As its a 3 day weekend (forgot it's a bank holiday) I'm going home to fit it myself this weekend. I'll talk to the FEO about that again before he comes to see it. Might keep keys myself and leave open for his visit. 
​I think that's wise. Probably not worth calling him about it though... just fit it and then make sure whoever shows him the installation knows to say that don't know where the keys are (if asked)!

​I think that's wise. Probably not worth calling him about it though... just fit it and then make sure whoever shows him the installation knows to say that don't know where the keys are (if asked)!
It's the way ?

Wow your FEO is on the ball. My application was submitted to South Yorkshire in middle of Jan and i am still waiting to hear from them! Chased them and i am in a backlog.

Buying shotguns at the same place as your groceries and two year olds shooting their mothers while sat in a shopping trolley at Wal-Mart.  Militarized Police Forces with Humvees and helicopter Gunships, ready and waiting for the heavily armed population to find out how screwed their economy really is, not to mention Martial Law...sorry, "Curfew" being tested in Baltimore.

Yes,  that's MUCH BETTER. :cool:
​I don't buy shotguns were I buy my groceries. Don't believe everything you READ in Your news!

Yes! I read the Guardian UK and they are very anti-gun. Police Humvees and "gunships" is BS! The "neighborhoods" where police are "In the streets" are just like "Downtown" Manchester,Birmingham,Bradford etc!!! and YOUR inter cities, are the same as ours! Most folks know enough to stay OUT of "Those areas."  

Where I live, I see the police making "Radar" stops. Their biggest fear (the Police) are paper cuts!

I can go to the gun club any day I wish (open the course) and shoot. Take my gun home, and KNOW the Police aren't going to SHOW UP and demand to see where I store my guns!  YES! It's better here!.....I might add, the folks walking in the streets and BURNING down their OWN neighborhoods also know enough not to try that crap, where real Americans LIVE! They are allowed (by "their" own liberal politicians) to destroy their own community!

Real Americans? What's one of those then?

Oh, and neighbourhood has a U it. Just saying. 

Queens English means spoken by The Queen, not in Queens.

Wow your FEO is on the ball. My application was submitted to South Yorkshire in middle of Jan and i am still waiting to hear from them! Chased them and i am in a backlog.
Sorry to hear that James. I was expecting a lot longer from some of he horror stories I've read. Got to say I had quite a few interactions with lancs before I submitted my application which might of helped as they were expecting it. I also went to see my Dr before applying and sent the letter from him in with the application and payment (sent £80 as fee had just gone up and told them to keep the 50p change (they did as well, .)). FEO put himself out to visit me as well as I work in Bedford in the week and he had a full diary but came to see me at the end of his working day. He's also promised to come back to view the safe installation is ok on Tuesday/Wednesday next week ax he goes yo Italy for 2 weeks after that. Might still be weeks after that that Cert comes through though.

​I don't buy shotguns were I buy my groceries. Don't believe everything you READ in Your news!

Yes! I read the Guardian UK and they are very anti-gun. Police Humvees and "gunships" is BS! The "neighborhoods" where police are "In the streets" are just like "Downtown" Manchester,Birmingham,Bradford etc!!! and YOUR inter cities, are the same as ours! Most folks know enough to stay OUT of "Those areas."

Where I live, I see the police making "Radar" stops. Their biggest fear (the Police) are paper cuts!

I can go to the gun club any day I wish (open the course) and shoot. Take my gun home, and KNOW the Police aren't going to SHOW UP and demand to see where I store my guns!  YES! It's better here!.....I might add, the folks walking in the streets and BURNING down their OWN neighborhoods also know enough not to try that crap, where real Americans LIVE! They are allowed (by "their" own liberal politicians) to destroy their own community!
​​I don't read "news" papers very often and when I do, I certainly take everything, with great mountains of salt.

quote-a-narrow-mind-begets-obstinacy-we-do-not-easily-believe-what-we-cannot-see-john-dryden-387670.jpg

Update: FEO just been round to inspect safe installation and is happy with it. Said 2 to 3 weeks and SGC should be on my door Matt. Time to start looking for shotgun now, might even put a deposit on to reserve one  :D

Update: FEO just been round to inspect safe installation and is happy with it. Said 2 to 3 weeks and SGC should be on my door Matt. Time to start looking for shotgun now, might even put a deposit on to reserve one  :D
​good luck and enjoy.

Back